Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  87
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: exhaust

5” turbo back on mine as well. Straight, the drone is very slight at 55 mph 6th gear. All in all, very tolerable.
    Now put my 15k 5th behind it and put some ear plugs in. She gets REALLY loud then.
    I put a 30” FTE resonator in and it’s actually too quiet for my likings.

I also get that vibration at idle you can feel through the whole cab. I think it’s because of the solid exhaust pipe now and not having that flex joint in the factory down pipe. I’ll be adding a flex joint in there sometime this winter I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 06roadglide View Post
    5” turbo back on mine as well. Straight, the drone is very slight at 55 mph 6th gear. All in all, very tolerable.
    Now put my 15k 5th behind it and put some ear plugs in. She gets REALLY loud then.
    I put a 30” FTE resonator in and it’s actually too quiet for my likings.

I also get that vibration at idle you can feel through the whole cab. I think it’s because of the solid exhaust pipe now and not having that flex joint in the factory down pipe. I’ll be adding a flex joint in there sometime this winter I think.

The 17” FTE was perfect IMO. It took the edge off without taking too much of the growl.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    The 17” FTE was perfect IMO. It took the edge off without taking too much of the growl.

That’s what I wish I did now.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

@74Beeper Im about to do the same exact delete setup to my 2014 2500, wasnt going to do the resonator to start but maybe the 17 if I dont like, Is it a PIA to do after the fact to add the resonator or flexpipe if i get the vibration? I assume some sawzalling involved?

8. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by comparejsr View Post
    @74Beeper Im about to do the same exact delete setup to my 2014 2500, wasnt going to do the resonator to start but maybe the 17 if I dont like, Is it a PIA to do after the fact to add the resonator or flexpipe if i get the vibration? I assume some sawzalling involved?
    I can remove or install my 30” resonator in about 10-15 minutes. I keep anti seize on the joints. No cutting to install resonator. You will need to cut down pipe tho if you install a flex joint.

10. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234