Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: High EGT's for an S300 Range?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

High EGT's for an S300 Range?

I'm currently running a BD Super B S300 (58mm) on my 2001 with an edge JWA (usually left on stock and used as a secondary gauge cluster) 75hp IIDiesel injectors, 5in exhaust and an s&b. She gets up to 1000-1100 pretty fast, but taps out around 1200 if I'm somewhat lugging it uphill. Towed with it this weekend (24ft goose with a Willys Jeep on it), only got to 1300 one time for a short period. I've read and did a lot of research about the old hx35 and what it melts at, so on a so forth, but I'm clueless at the borg turbos as far as that info. What are considered high EGTs for a borg frame turbo.

Almost forgot to mention, the system has been leak tested dozens of times and no leaks are found or present. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: High EGT's for an S300 Range?

Quote Originally Posted by 01WhiteCummins View Post
    I'm currently running a BD Super B S300 (58mm) on my 2001 with an edge JWA (usually left on stock and used as a secondary gauge cluster) 75hp IIDiesel injectors, 5in exhaust and an s&b. She gets up to 1000-1100 pretty fast, but taps out around 1200 if I'm somewhat lugging it uphill. Towed with it this weekend (24ft goose with a Willys Jeep on it), only got to 1300 one time for a short period. I've read and did a lot of research about the old hx35 and what it melts at, so on a so forth, but I'm clueless at the borg turbos as far as that info. What are considered high EGTs for a borg frame turbo.

Almost forgot to mention, the system has been leak tested dozens of times and no leaks are found or present. Any help would be appreciated!
    Hi there and Welcome

Do you smoke allot? It could be timing or the engine is not using that extra 75 injectors. Momentary 1200/1300 isn't real bad. Prolonged like that can damage the turbo though. If you down shift, it will prevent those high numbers. Or, if you can, go a bit faster up the hills. I've seen 1400 on my 03, but only for a second or two. I normally run pretty clean othewise

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: High EGT's for an S300 Range?

Everything seems to be in check as far as the injectors working properly. There is a decent amount of smoke on stock power levels as far as take off and very slight haze as I get on it through gear changes. Drive it slow and there's little to no smoke. 1150-1200 is when it's starts to drop off on the egt scale and starts to subside. I don't tow with it constantly, maybe every 3-4 weeks, sometimes more depending on what truly needs hauled. I always either get a good run for hills or gear down before and get a good run up it.

6. Likes Polaraco liked this post