Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Leveling kit and shock question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Leveling kit and shock question

I'm looking for a leveling kit for my truck so I can fit 35x12.5x20 tires. I like the Thuren Fabrication kit because it only lifts the front end 1.75" rather than the 2.5-3" the Carli lift does. I haul a 3100lbs camper and I like that 0.5" of rake to prevent too much sag when loaded. I'll be adding Timbren SES to the rear to help with that. So I emailed Thuren asking about their Fox 2.0 shocks with the remote reservoir looking for information on which set I would need to match up to their coils. I'm looking at purchasing the shocks up here in Canada to save money on the exchange rate and shipping, I would buy the whole kit up here but can't find a supplier that sells their kit and Thuren told me they don't sell to suppliers and I should order from them. Thuren told me that only their shocks will work with their coils. I understand that you need the proper damping and extension but what would be different about their shocks rather than buying the appropriate shocks from fox? Can they physically tune the shocks to what they want or is there a shock that fox makes that matches up perfectly with their coil? Kinda feel like they really just want me to buy from them as he wouldn't really answer my question so I thought I would throw it out here and see what you guys say.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Leveling kit and shock question

The shocks they sell are tuned to their specs. Not sure if they do it or have them ordered from fox tuned. You can use whatever shock you want with their coils but they spec'd out both shocks and springs to work together.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Leveling kit and shock question

Yes every company can buy in bulk from companies like Fox and tune the valves their self. Thuren and BDS both do for example

Thuren stating you need their shocks. They are designed by them to function how they feel is best with their equipment. That in no way means that for YOU that you can't find a shock that would work better with a part of their system. For you and your truck you may be happier with a different shock totally. Even if it doesn't say Fox on it

You can also save yourself a lot of money not going with the resi shocks. For what you said you're using your truck for you really do not need them. Unless you like the look which costs money