Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: List of parameters to monitor?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

List of parameters to monitor?

Now that I have my Ultra installed I need to figure out what to keep my eyes on as far as the parameters we can watch go. Is there a list of what is available for us to monitor some place? Also what about something that tells you what all the abbreviations stand for? What is everybody currently monitoring?

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: List of parameters to monitor?

On my edge insight I have boost, trans temp, trans gear, throttle % and EGTs. I have a MM3 that I picked up from a member here but haven't installed it yet.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Definitely need to keep your eyes on quite a bit like stated above.

My personal I have trans temp, boost psi, egt, trans gear, engine load percent, engine coolant temp and fuel psi.

EGT- EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE

ECT-ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE

TFT-TRANSMISSION FLUID TEMPERATURE

There is a couple for ya. The others aren't too bad to figure out.

Hope it helps!

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post

My personal I have trans temp, boost psi, egt, trans gear, engine load percent, engine coolant temp and fuel psi.

Hope it helps!

Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX
    Thanks I appreciate it...

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChasManDo View Post
    Thanks I appreciate it...
    Trans temp - I tow a large boat
    Trans gear - so I could watch mpg in 5th vs 6th when I was on the cusp of shift (when I first got the Ultra).
    Battery voltage - I use inverter, rear LED lights to load and unload my boat at night, etc.
    Boost - I was told to think of it like, " the lower the boost is, the higher the mpg will be."
    I Keep putting off getting an EGT probe to monitor that

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

This link is to Smarty's website, but I'm pretty sure the Ultra uses all the same codes.

http://madselectronics.com/pids2010.html

Hope that helps

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DDP Hooligan turbo, GDP Air Boss grid delete, S-2 Intake manifold and Mega-Flow TVM Grid Heater. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

11. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If you noticed, it also depend on how you use your truck. Consider listing what the main use will be and how often you will be doing this, then consider what you need to keep track on. If you towing heavy or light, will be different that daily driving or racing. Make sence ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I got the gear level figured out on my display. I did not know about this option prior, this is a very cool option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post

Hope it helps!

Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX
    Is their an option to program what transmission gear you are in on the RaceMe Ultra? ( 68RFE )

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.