Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Flickering dash and the shutting off with the engine

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Unhappy Flickering dash and the shutting off with the engine

So I just posted a thread a couple days ago about blow by and I'm not too concerned about it any more thanks guys. Anyways while I have this resource. I was wondering if you guys could help me with my dash lights flickering as well as the cab lights and anything electrical. The worst happened today when my check engine light came on and the truck started cutting in and out it's like it wanted to die but it stayed running, and the dash shut completely out. I kept shutting it on and off. And then I disconnected the batteries and reconnected them and the check engine light went away . Truck has been fine for the rest the day. Any thoughts?? Also it has a new alternator and the battery voltage stayed at 14 well all this happened

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Flickering dash and the shutting off with the engine

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmycummins View Post
    So I just posted a thread a couple days ago about blow by and I'm not too concerned about it any more thanks guys. Anyways while I have this resource. I was wondering if you guys could help me with my dash lights flickering as well as the cab lights and anything electrical. The worst happened today when my check engine light came on and the truck started cutting in and out it's like it wanted to die but it stayed running, and the dash shut completely out. I kept shutting it on and off. And then I disconnected the batteries and reconnected them and the check engine light went away . Truck has been fine for the rest the day. Any thoughts?? Also it has a new alternator and the battery voltage stayed at 14 well all this happened
    I believe I told you this before in another thread. What year, mileage, mods, any recent work. The works. My crystal ball is in for an oil change.
    Please remember that in the future.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Flickering dash and the shutting off with the engine

Not much done to it has edge comp box, 4 inch lift ruff country, rebuilt transmission, aftermarket head lights, New stock turbo, glow shift gauges (that don't work right). Nothing done to the engine, stock injectors. Has relocated breather, might have a Vp-44 rebuild or replacement. Has a light bar not sure if that matters. Truck is an 2002 sort bed extended cab. 240,000 miles.