Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  180
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins Def System Gone in 2020? - New Engine?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cummins Def System Gone in 2020? - New Engine?

We've heard through the grapevine that the Cummins Def System will be gone in 2020. Does this mean a new motor and another system that's a disaster is coming? We guess we will have to just wait and see.

Also, tell us your issues with your current Def System. We would love to hear your issues and we know a ton of people hate that system and the problems that go along with it.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins Def System Gone in 2020? - New Engine?

NEVER had a problem with the DEF system in my truck ...

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I don't know if it's true or not but I've read a few articles that said pre treatment of the intake charge reduces the emissions going out the exhaust. So maybe they are removing the def system for a water-meth pre treatment system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hmmm... Definitely subscribing to see more info! Wonder what in the world they have up their sleeve.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No problems yet with DEF (knock on wood) curious to see what's coming down the road with this new engine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Nothing but troubles here with my 2014.

Went into limp mode at 35k or so. Dealer had the truck nearly 3 weeks replacing all sort of DEF injection parts, only to then have those new parts eat the DEF control module somehow.

Now here I am again at 59k with DEF warnings in my MM3, but not in thw truck.sounds like a plugged DEF injection nozzle, but I'm going to run it till it blows up again, then call Ray for a permanent DEF fix. Enough screwing around. I'm not going without a truck again for 3 weeks while they fix it for the next 10-20k miles. That's crap...

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    NEVER had a problem with the DEF system in my truck ...

Me either!! LOL!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Me either!! LOL!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    That makes 3 of us no problems

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I am not, and will not figure this one out. I spent way too much time and money trying to come up with a defeat plan for the DPF and EGR. Allot of people took my research and dealt me out of it.

I may be dead by then anyway

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Steinbrenner thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

You can't be hinting at the future electric Cummins that's in the works?

2013 6.7L G56 CCLB SRW 85G Transfer Tank /Box
    Eric

Eric
    2013 / 3500 Tradesman / 6.7L / G56 / CCLB / SWD

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Thomas1960 liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast