Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  180
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cummins Def System Gone in 2020? - New Engine?

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins Def System Gone in 2020? - New Engine?

Got my 2019 factory ordered, still waiting, but I don't think 2020 will be much different from what I heard.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicIPA View Post
    The DEF system in our newer trucks must function optimally in warmer environments rather than in colder ones, in my option. So in Alaska our longer winters probably equate to an increased amount of DEF issues compared to say trucks operating in Texas. My 2013 truck has been in for DEF related issues numerous times, some for replacing DEF injector and some apparently related to software bugs, but luckily all has been covered under warranty. Understanding that DEF will begin to ‘slush’ before it freezes and will ultimately freeze into a solid state when the fluid temp reaches just 12 degrees F requires a DEF heater system too. Which is just another point of failure of the DEF system. "The process of freezing DEF has no effects on its quality or performance" unless it's the fluid in your vehicle's DEF tank that freezes up...
    Newp...my truck is from Texas...same problems..began about 20k miles and in and out of at least a dozen dealers with no fix, just "courtesy" updates to software and some parts replaced. Only fix was to delete. Haven't had any emissions issues since.

Now if I can resolve the drivetrain issues, I'd be set.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 CCLB. 6.7l Cummins mated to an ATS diesel performance Stage 3 68RFE transmission, Raceme Ultra Tuner, Sinister Diesel EGR Delete, 4" exhaust, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff cover, Fox 2.0 IPF shocks, 110 gal aux fuel tank, Airlift 7500XL with on board auto compressor.

4. Likes watersupply189, cosmicIPA liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VancleVector View Post
    my DIC display is saying cummins DEF is at 25%, odd, since I had recently added a 2.5 Gal jug. So I go to fill it and end up topping it off, completly full.. the DIC still says 25%, it takes a few drive cycles to adjust, but in this case it has been well beyond that, and it still says, 25%. The good news, it is not going down, and so far no MIL, or codes, and especially good, no reduced power, etc. That said I'm concerned it may eventually be a problem. Has anyone else seen this, and if so what was the fix.
    When you delete it, it will be 100% full...always. ?

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 CCLB. 6.7l Cummins mated to an ATS diesel performance Stage 3 68RFE transmission, Raceme Ultra Tuner, Sinister Diesel EGR Delete, 4" exhaust, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff cover, Fox 2.0 IPF shocks, 110 gal aux fuel tank, Airlift 7500XL with on board auto compressor.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #64

What’s this DEF system you speak of. 99A3F1AF-15C6-4D1A-868E-5D8848F90EF1.jpg

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cosmicIPA liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567