Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  180
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins Def System Gone in 2020? - New Engine?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins Def System Gone in 2020? - New Engine?

Ironically it was hearing that 2012 was going to be the last year without this DEF crap that made be pull the trigger on my truck. Well, among many other things... But the DEF was my excuse!!

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

2. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Other than it taking up space in my shed.......no problems.

4. Thanks Steinbrenner thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I've got a 2014. I got rid of all 'non-essential' parts last fall. Up until that time I had one or more or all of the DEF system parts replaced 3 times. Went into 'Limp Mode' twice. 'Check Engine' light came on more times than I remember. This sensor, that sensor. This code, that code.

I had about 88,000 the last time I had to take her in. I asked the service manager what in his opinion I should do. I had 12,000 miles left on the warranty.
    His reply, "You could always buy a new one"
    Me: "Nooooo, that's not gonna happen"
    He: "Then get rid of the problems."
    So I did.

Been about 10,000 miles since then with zero problem with the DEF system.

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Other than it taking up space in my shed.......no problems.

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Likes watersupply189, .44mag liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Prophetic, no?...guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by gravelscratcher View Post
    Sure, it's understood that EGRless Stage V Cummins is for the construction, farm, etc., but I don't think an EGRless 6.7 is a stretch for on road use.

Ray is already doing it with current emissions hardware, I'm sure a Cummins engineer can figure it out.

Maybe it's not a coincidence Ram waited till 2020 for the new truck design, right after Cummins releases Stage V?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

my DIC display is saying cummins DEF is at 25%, odd, since I had recently added a 2.5 Gal jug. So I go to fill it and end up topping it off, completly full.. the DIC still says 25%, it takes a few drive cycles to adjust, but in this case it has been well beyond that, and it still says, 25%. The good news, it is not going down, and so far no MIL, or codes, and especially good, no reduced power, etc. That said I'm concerned it may eventually be a problem. Has anyone else seen this, and if so what was the fix.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VancleVector View Post
    my DIC display is saying cummins DEF is at 25%, odd, since I had recently added a 2.5 Gal jug. So I go to fill it and end up topping it off, completly full.. the DIC still says 25%, it takes a few drive cycles to adjust, but in this case it has been well beyond that, and it still says, 25%. The good news, it is not going down, and so far no MIL, or codes, and especially good, no reduced power, etc. That said I'm concerned it may eventually be a problem. Has anyone else seen this, and if so what was the fix.
    Yes many folks have seen it and the only answer is to delete all that pollution crapola BS ASAP

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Before I deleted I never had any issues other than recall and they installed another DPF took 3 hours and they never told me until after it was done. I was there for a fuel filter change.

NO IT'S NOT A HEMI!

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd0244 View Post
    Junked mine right away. Only issue I had was my usage. In a 2500 mile trip I used over 12 gallons of def juice. This was in winter with dense air. Seemed like it was guzzling it. Dealer said I’d fill it every oil change. When I asked the service guys, they said they had no clue what was average. Decided to scrap the excess junk.
    That’s a lot of def in just 2500 miles! I’m so glad I deleted mine.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

17. Thanks Jpd0244 thanked for this post
    Likes Jpd0244, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd0244 View Post
    Yeah. They couldn’t say if it was a lot but when I told them what salesman said they agreed with his guesstimate so I was like ?? but no help.
    Yeah something was definitely wrong with your def system. You should of got at least 7,000 to 8,000 miles on a tank of def.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast