Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FASS vs DIY fuel system

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

FASS vs DIY fuel system

I believe my stock fuel pump is starting to go and am looking at a FASS fuel system. But I am curious if it is worth it or can I build my own system for less?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: FASS vs DIY fuel system

Quote Originally Posted by Rguiste17 View Post
    I believe my stock fuel pump is starting to go and am looking at a FASS fuel system. But I am curious if it is worth it or can I build my own system for less?

Just get the FASS!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes AnOldBiker, RogueDiesel, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

We can help you more with info on your truck. Year, Mileage, mods Standard policy

We ask you use our advertising vendors first. Without them, we would be out of business.

Welcome

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

When it is pertaining to something as important as the fuel system, I myself would opt for a FASS. Being that it will come with warranty and support from whoever you buy it from as well as FASS.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Can you really save enough by piecing together your own kit?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks DDP, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Can you really save enough by piecing together your own kit?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Maybe. But you can't get it as compact as a store bought. I make allot of my own stuff as you know. Sometimes there's a limit to being thrifty

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes Power247, AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I very much agree with @Polaraco
    A person can develop most anything, but usually doesn't have the accessibility to material or equipment that can develop it in a much smaller package. That's usually when you have the idea, design and take it to a manufacture to micro size the product.

As for fuel pumps, they have been 'round for decades and over the years had the best working on design, materials and size.
    On this ... I vote for the store bought Fass.
    My in tank pump is still running fine, but a Fass is planned for the future.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'd listen to these guys @Polaraco and @AnOldBiker they've been around longer than the Cummins. Buy it!

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

16. Likes AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Don't build your own system. By FASS or other brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

18. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    When it is pertaining to something as important as the fuel system, I myself would opt for a FASS. Being that it will come with warranty and support from whoever you buy it from as well as FASS.
    Yes fuel system is to important to mess around with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

20. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast