Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent bogus 4x4 EVIC messages

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intermittent bogus 4x4 EVIC messages

Hi guys, First time posting any questions so here goes... Occasionally I notice the EVIC message: "4WD Shift in Progress" which comes on and goes away very quickly and also randomly, mostly just after starting the engine but sometimes while driving. I do not perceive the actual engagement of 4x4 and the 4WD indicator light never comes on either.

So I have had the truck checked at the Dealer Service Center for this a few times but the mechanics can never "reproduce the event" and nothing is done. Ha, if I had access to the Service Manual's which included a schematic of the sensors I could probably figure this out with a MultiMeter and several cups of coffee.

Anyone else experience this?
    Happy Sunday! Eric

Eric
    2013 / 3500 Tradesman / 6.7L / G56 / CCLB / SWD

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Intermittent bogus 4x4 EVIC messages

You know I have noticed two or three times this happen and I have a manual shifter. The first time I just thought I was seeing things didn't start until after I deleted. Do you have any mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No mods yet as I'm on warranty, but I've had so many bad experiences w/ my dealer, they lost my trust and I'll never go back. Main thing warranty is good for are the electronics, sensors and ECM is my current feeling... Engine and drive train are strong and emissions are a weak link for sure. It's hard to TS an issue when FCA holds the service manuals hostage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eric

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Next time tell us the year of the truck. Trans, mileage, mods.

Standard proceedure

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Right, thought that was included in my sig, apologize. A stock 2013 3500 6.7L G56 CC LB 4x4 .

Eric

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Oh and 29k miles

Eric

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicIPA View Post
    Oh and 29k miles

It's OK, you're new. Us tech guys, who try to solve problems, can't be searching the page for info. Especially me, since I do so much of it. That and I'm old and short on patience. LOL Grumpy ol' man.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    It's OK, you're new. Us tech guys, who try to solve problems, can't be searching the page for info. Especially me, since I do so much of it. That and I'm old and short on patience. LOL Grumpy ol' man.
    @Polaraco
    True story
    He might be grumpy but he is full of information and experience !! Steve has a good sense of humor, his bark is harmless , don't let him fool ya

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicIPA View Post
    Right, thought that was included in my sig, apologize. A stock 2013 3500 6.7L G56 CC LB 4x4 .

You'll have to add that in Tapatalk as it's different in desktop view.

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes cosmicIPA liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    @Polaraco
    True story
    He might be grumpy but he is full of information and experience !! Steve has a good sense of humor, his bark is harmless , don't let him fool ya

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    Now they won't know when I'm mad!

14. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast