Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can't get my truck to fire back up

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Can't get my truck to fire back up

I have a 99 cummins and i just replaced the vp44 pump and installed an airdog 150 on it. After i got the vp44 primed it was running and starting no problem. I dont drive it during the week and i went to go and start it the other day and i tried to start it for about 10 minutes and it would not fire up. It would act like it wanted to everyy once in a while but that is it. Do you have any suggestions on what might be the problem?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Did you stay with a stock VP? Are you getting any codes? Can you hear the AD running? Did you try priming it again?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Can't get my truck to fire back up

Check for codes, then bleed the lines and let us know what happens

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I was looking for this thread.

Make sure the AD is drawing fuel too. That shouldn't have an intank pump in it so you can draw from the stock lines. If there is an in tank pump, the tank will have to come down.

You can let the pump run and crack open the water bleed on the separator to see if you have fuel pressure. You should have a gush.

Check for links and pinches too.

Where did you mount the pump?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC