Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emissions compliant Tuning EGRless

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Emissions compliant Tuning EGRless

Good morning cummins community. A year ago I bought my first diesel, 2016 2500 Laramie. It currently has 23,000 miles on it. As of lately I've been doing a lot of research on by the tuner and I'm trying to find the right one. Ray offers in missions compliant doing EGRless and calibrated power solutions offers emission. compliant tuning but no egrless. Any thoughts on the difference between the two tuners? Both of them use the MM3. Ray use the MM3 and calibrated power solutions uses the smarty MM3. One more question, has anybody had any issues with the dealer for warranty work if you load your Stock software and remove the components of your tuner

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Emissions compliant Tuning EGRless

I have posted a video made by Mr. Ray for his tuning. I highly recommend his tuning as his knowledge of tuning goes as far back as 25+ years! No Mr. Ray we aren't calling you old haha.

As you read through these forums you will see that many many people choose his tuning over others. Not that they are bad by no means and by no means are we talking bad about them. We can only go off of what customers tell us. When you buy Mr. Ray's tunes you aren't just buying tunes for the truck, you are actually paying for customer support not only from him but whichever dealer you go through as well. That means for you whenever there is a problem one of Ray's hand picked dealers will be on top of your issue as soon as possible. Depending on time of course. Some have access to forums later then others. We are always looking for any questions or issues concerning his tuning so that we can get them taken care of A.S.A.P.

So rest assured you will be well taken care of if you decide to purchase his tunes! If not we will still support you and help where possible.

As far as dealer warrenty goes....

Depending on what it is the dealer will never check to see if there is/was a programmer installed. Most warranty work has nothing to do with the engine or its components. It's usually other things that go out. If you happen to misuse the tunes or just drive the heck out of it not using common sense and you fry a tranny or blow a head gasket then yes, the dealer will most likely dig deeper to find the issue. But for most things no sir the dealer won't look for signs of a programmer being on the truck. Like you said put it to stock and remove it and you should be good to go!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hey @MCGOOD .. I just noticed ... Welcome to the forum

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks you for the great information. Glad to be part of the group.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have been running EGR-less emissions compliant on my 2016 for at least 6 months now. Feel free to ask any questions. I wold type more but I am supposed to be on my way somewhere. Ask and I will answer this evening when I get home. BTW Welcome

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

10. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

How's is the truck running? Do you have any problems with the trans tune like the TC staying locked when you're at a stop? Any issues with the egr cooler now that your running emissions compliant egrless tuning? How about the reg. process now that your egrless. Has the truck been going through more Regeneration?

I am so thinking about doing this just concerned about what the dealer may find when they plug in there little DLC tool that initial check in in service learning to read your VIN. Basically the concern is they will be able to see how many times you re-flashed your computer.

Just to be clear you get four tunes and the trans tune right?

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Truck runs great, no trans tuning issues, I have not had so much as a check engine light, and I am not sure I have ever had a Regen, and if I have it has not been noticed. The only thing I notice is I am about 2000 miles to 2.5 gallons of DEF.

My tuning package was the tunes. You get an ECU tune to update the truck witch runs one of your tunes by default, then your other Tunes. I run 30hp base in the ECU tune, the 60 90 and 120 are the RT (real time) tuning options. The trans tuning is part of the ECU file if I understand correctly. There is no separate trans tuning you have to load up.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

13. Likes Power247, MCGOOD liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I put Rays emission compliant tuning on my truck at 1500 miles. I never had an active Regen and I have no issues. I currently have 12K miles on my truck. It does use more DEF.

I've been to the dealer a couple times for maintenance, all I did was return my truck to stock and remove the tuner / A pillar mount. They never asked me if i had a tuner on the truck.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

15. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thank you for the great information. Very helpful.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Gary Grissom liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Has anyone used this on a 130k mile 2500 with mostly highway miles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast