Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: How much power

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

How much power

I have a 07 with 5.9, it has a smarty jr set on towing, 4" free flowing exhaust, 50 HP injectors, and I opened up the air box and removed the baffled section and put a 5" exhaust pipe in its place. How much horse power and torque do you think I'm making. Thank you in advance.

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: How much power

I would believe it would be hard to determine without being on a dyno.

My old girl is rated at 325 hp stock. With all I've done was to help her breath better and flow the exhaust without restriction. My smarty is set for SW5 and that is estimated at an additional 105 hp. Even though I have the other adjustment off stock, it doesn't really help the hp.

So I would guess what ever your stock hp rating is plus the extra hp the smarty is set at is your estimated hp. Now, not knowing the hp rating of the tow setting for the smarty jr, you woud have to access your smarty manual. And last I heard having 50 over injectors adds some, but not a lot .. someone will chime in soon about this.

And that would be a wild guess what you hp is. And I don't know if you could know/guess the added torque without that dino test to be in close guessing numbers.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes david3gen liked this post