Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RaceME Ultra And DEF Fluid Level?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra And DEF Fluid Level?

Quote Originally Posted by Tjk View Post
    Man that looks like a great fit in there I think I'll end up doing that too is that a kit or part and piece together system?

2015 Ram 3500 longhorn MC DRW. Deleted running raceme ultra
    I pieced it together, compressor, tank from Viair and solenoids from a couple sources, fittings and pipe from the local hardware store and viair.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I pieced it together, compressor, tank from Viair and solenoids from a couple sources, fittings and pipe from the local hardware store and viair.
    What size compressor and tank did you go with?

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tjk View Post
    What size compressor and tank did you go with?
    I used a Viair 450C Compressor and a 2.5 gallon tank. I laid out the system on paper and ordered all the push-to connect fittings for the air lines, 4 way splitter and a few plugs from Viair also. Picked up more brass fittings from my local hardware store. Use thread sealant on all the connections and no leaks. The horn solenoid is a Kleinn 307 Vortex valve and I installed a 12v drain solenoid also which I use often to drain any water out. I wired them up to my Aux switches. I picked up a Cole Hersee - Momentary Pull Switch - 9109 to mount up in the headliner and will probably install that with a pull cord. After some idiot pulled out right in front of me I realized that hunting for the aux button is not easy when you want the horn immediately.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

4. Thanks Tjk thanked for this post
    Likes Tjk, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I used a Viair 450C Compressor and a 2.5 gallon tank. I laid out the system on paper and ordered all the push-to connect fittings for the air lines, 4 way splitter and a few plugs from Viair also. Picked up more brass fittings from my local hardware store. Use thread sealant on all the connections and no leaks. The horn solenoid is a Kleinn 307 Vortex valve and I installed a 12v drain solenoid also which I use often to drain any water out. I wired them up to my Aux switches. I picked up a Cole Hersee - Momentary Pull Switch - 9109 to mount up in the headliner and will probably install that with a pull cord. After some idiot pulled out right in front of me I realized that hunting for the aux button is not easy when you want the horn immediately.
    Thanks for taking the time to list all that bro it really will save a lot of us the extra leg work

6. Top Of Page | #15

You guys are fantastic.

I love the gauge mounting idea, and I'm more in love with the concept of an air compressor.

I am so doing both of these.

7. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12