Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Black Maxx SD Card not working

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Black Maxx SD Card not working

Hi guys I have a black maxx tuner and the SD card quit working. I don't have a copy backed up, my question is how do I return to STOCK for warranty work? If I eject the card everything works fine but I can not return to stock. If I put the card in a computer it does not work either. Any and all help is much appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Black Maxx SD Card not working

Quote Originally Posted by cpe View Post
    Hi guys I have a black maxx tuner and the SD card quit working. I don't have a copy backed up, my question is how do I return to STOCK for warranty work? If I eject the card everything works fine but I can not return to stock. If I put the card in a computer it does not work either. Any and all help is much appreciated.
    You're basically screwed. The only guy I know who was real tight with H & S was Tyler at Truckwurx. I don't think Ray can help on this one. But I think, without the SD, you're screwed unless the dealer flashes it for you.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I don't think the stock file is stored on the sd card. I would think you could go back to stock without the sd card, but I could be wrong. I used several sd cards when I had a mini max. I never went back to stock first when I updated the mini max, so that's why I say this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Unless you're meaning you can't go back to stock, because then you can't retune. I might of misunderstood. Someone surely still has black max files you can load onto a new sd card I would think.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Unless you're meaning you can't go back to stock, because then you can't retune. I might of misunderstood. Someone surely still has black max files you can load onto a new sd card I would think.

I need to go back to stock but can not. I have a copy of the SD card as it comes new, I just can not return to stock because my file must be on the SD card that is not working. Please someone help is there a work around? It may be worth mentioning that I have another black maxx unit on another truck and I can get it to return to stock, but I don't know how that would help me with this truck. Any ideas thanks in advance

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cpe View Post
    I need to go back to stock but can not. I have a copy of the SD card as it comes new, I just can not return to stock because my file must be on the SD card that is not working. Please someone help is there a work around? It may be worth mentioning that I have another black maxx unit on another truck and I can get it to return to stock, but I don't know how that would help me with this truck. Any ideas thanks in advance
    Did you do what I told you?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I didn't see anything that you told me to try. I will try anything to return to stock. Let me know what you suggest trying. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk