Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hot rod pump

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

hot rod pump

Any of you guys (or girls) run a hot rod vp or monster vp pump? It's just something ive been wondering about because I turn wrenches on my buddies 01 cummins and when the stock pump eventualy gives out we gonna upgrade! I'm just concerned the large pump will make for some dangerous EGTs. With an airdog 200gph, 100hp inj and tuners already i feel the truck has more than enough fuel and EGTs already gets up there prety good. It's got a 64mm trubo, looking back shoulda kept the stock one and did a twin setup, i know twins reduce EGT good. I'm not a water/meth guy and we do plan to get a better cac to help out some.

if your wondering; its also got headstuds, traction bars, afe intake and elbow, suncoast trans, converter, flexplate, billit shafts. smarty and quadzilla. exhaust manifold.....i think thats it. sits on 35s and loves to blow intercooler boots off.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: hot rod pump

The standard output pump us God to around 650 HP and the hotrod pump is doing mechanically what your smarty does electronically

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So if we ran the hot rod plus smarty = too much fuel. for this turbo set up anyway

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: hot rod pump

Not really, just a lot of timing, I've just used a SO pump and a smarty, I really don't know the effects of running both

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have Scheids Lightning Hot Rod VP and love it. Makes the truck lope when not in gear. I have 40hp sticks FASS, 62mm, Quadzilla, studs, AFE and Goerend Trans. It fuels hard but not out of control. EGT's empty will peak at about 1420, about 1500 when slep pulling. Made 544HP and 1201TQ.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

hot rod pump

Hotrod pumps are a waste of money IMO. SO will get you to 650 or a little further. If you want more, monster pump, p pump, or buy a common rail haha.

Smarty and Hotrod together will result in excessive timing and cylinder pressure. There is no point in spending several hundred extra for a Hotrod pump when a $200 timing box will net you the same results