Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Stumble / slight drop in RPMs at idle?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Stumble / slight drop in RPMs at idle?

Hey guys new to the forum here and this is my first post. I recently deleted my 2016 ram 2500. I also have the 4" flo pro exhaust with a muffler and an S&B filter. I got my tunes through Ray at Double R Diesel and am currently using the MM3 tuner. While idling the truck has a small drop in the rpm's for just a second. The drop is less than 100 rpm's. It does it with each of the tunes. I have contacted Ray and he said it was possibly the AC, i was just curious if anyone else was noticing this on their trucks. I tried watching other trucks tuned with mm3 tuners on youtube but have not been able to find one doing the same thing. I will try to get a video of at some point and post it.

2. Thanks Hulk, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stumble / slight drop in RPMs at idle?

I think mine does it occasionally for a portion of a second. Deleted 13 running rays warp tunes. Mine also kind of burps when I let off the throttle. Like a little blip. I assumed that was from the turbo.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Tycosbean thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I noticed that rarely if all the sound tunes are gone through in a certain combination the rpms would permanently drop to 680-710 until after a week or so I reprogrammed the same ecm file to the truck. Also rays tune. 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Hulk thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong. Ray is the man

8. Top Of Page | #5

I have no complaints what so ever with the product and the service. It does exactly what it is supposed to and Ray's service is great. The MM3 with Ray's warp tuning definitely produces more power in the truck and running thru trials with a couple of the tunes i have seen up to 25 mpg averages. As for service, Double R answered at least six separate questions for me while I was doing the install within a period of less than thirty minutes. I was just curious if anyone else was hearing the stumble in rpm's at idle?

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Badger2078 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Badger2078 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tycosbean View Post
    I have no complaints what so ever with the product and the service. It does exactly what it is supposed to and Ray's service is great. The MM3 with Ray's warp tuning definitely produces more power in the truck and running thru trials with a couple of the tunes i have seen up to 25 mpg averages. As for service, Double R answered at least six separate questions for me while I was doing the install within a period of less than thirty minutes. I was just curious if anyone else was hearing the stumble in rpm's at idle?
    Welcome to the family bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tycosbean View Post
    I can hear it. Although seeing this as evidence on the tach is a different story.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yes mine will do it with the AC running. It's an rpm compensation for the activation of the AC compressor.