Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Sloped Driveway Lift Installation

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Sloped Driveway Lift Installation

I am planning my lift and am ready to pull the trigger on an 8" BDS kit. My only fear is the installation in my driveway. I have built cars, done lowering kits, and lifts but always on flat ground. My driveway is sloped

Its only 8° but all the instructions say firm LEVEL ground. Has anyone done this before?

I think I can keep two wheels on the ground at any given time.

Am I crazy to attempt this?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Sloped Driveway Lift Installation

Wouldn't say crazy, but of course level ground will not only be the safest bet but best bet.

Now that being said I have seen many kits get installed with even more slope angle then you and they made it work just fine.

It's really what YOUR comfortable with and what you feel safe.

From what it sounds like is you have experience doing this type of thing so you know what is involved and should alresdy know how to properly chock off a vehicle and how to stay safe.

What are your personal thoughts on doing it this way? Is there not a friend or someone's driveway you could borrow?

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have an alternate place, but it is 30 minute drive away and hauling all the tools there would be a pain in the ... My other option is to pay a shop to install which is not really in the budget. If it is in my driveway I can take my time and If I keep two tires on the ground, I don't think there will be any safety issues. I need to read through the install instructions again to make sure I can do one end than the other. I have thought a lot about this just wondered if anyone else sees something I am not. Working on the down hill side will make the truck sit level when jacked up. Anyone see a problem with doing the front or rear then driving the truck to turn it around then do the opposite end. I think the rear will be easier than the front and the transfer case needs to come out so I think I would do the front first with the truck backed in the driveway including indexing the transfer case, then spin the truck around and do the rear. I need to have someone come out to do the welding, so I don't think I can do this in the 6-8 hours BDS says, but a couple of weekends should do the trick.

Thanks for the input!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Wouldn't say crazy, but of course level ground will not only be the safest bet but best bet.

Now that being said I have seen many kits get installed with even more slope angle then you and they made it work just fine.

It's really what YOUR comfortable with and what you feel safe.

From what it sounds like is you have experience doing this type of thing so you know what is involved and should alresdy know how to properly chock off a vehicle and how to stay safe.

What are your personal thoughts on doing it this way? Is there not a friend or someone's driveway you could borrow?

Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX
    I've performed miracles on 3% grade for years. What you said man

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

CJC Off Road started in the driveway. I wouldn't hesitate for one minute to do your install right there.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, BrentM, ICT LPX liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies, it's on.. Going to order the kit from @Dude's Diesel Performance

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Awesome!! We look forward to hearing from ya and thank you for your support my friend!

Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com