Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HELP, cant find a bolt that was snapped off

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HELP, cant find a bolt that was snapped off

Ok today I was changing the valve cover seals on my 91 D 250 so I went ahead and did proper valve adjustment as I'm nearing 300k on all original parts, after the proper alignments were made I proceeded to do my final tightening of the studs and snapped off the exhaust bolt that is set in the push rod of cylinder one. I made a temp bolt work and hold for now but I am worried at a later date the bolt will be no good. I have searched over the net for this bolt and cannot find it unless I am typing in the wrong information about it when searching. Again it is the bolt on the exhaust rocker arm of cylinder 1 that sits in the push rod. If anyone can please post a link to a parts website here or pm me some information it would much be appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Welcome

You're spending too much time on the internet. You either need to find a used engine in a bone yard or find a Cummins dealer. You'll need to find the serial and model of your engine. It's on the front of the engine. I think on the timing gear cover for the cam

There is someone I know that has a blown 12 valve. Private Message F350cummins and see if he can pull one from a 12 valve that recently went south on him. If one broke, better get some spares

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank you I sent him a pm, now i have the covers on and truck is running good... almost too good.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I asked Alex about the bolts. He hopes he still has the motor. His Dad (The guilty party for blowing it up) may have scrapped it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC