Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HPP TCM

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: HPP TCM

With heavy throttle the shifting is extremely smooth. No hard shifts. Let it go 1-2 again then ran 69.25% throttle. At lower speeds/throttle it's starting to level out after more in town driving with stop/go and gear changes in traffic.

The section of road I use where I know distance because of a small bump. Previously I'd get up to 57-61mph and really be on the pedal
    Now at the 69.25% this evening I hit 73mph in the same distance.

Just in case anyone doesn't know

2009 mega cab 2500
    68RFE 4x4
    34.4x12.4 on stock 17's
    3.73's

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Was at about 16k on my trans fluid so changed it this morning and filled my tank. With the fresh trans fluid the trans is grabbing gears extremely hard and quick now. Feels like a new truck. Almost like driving a sport tuned car rather than a 7600lb truck on big tires

100 miles on a full tank with fresh fluids. Oil had 400 miles
    Seeing 21.2 mpg hand calculated. That's a substantial increase

Prior to fill up now that I have a few hundred miles I did get on the pedal. I rolled into 2nd and stood on it up to 92.75% throttle
    A bit of smoke to 5th then hit 6th and it was clean

From around 65% + throttle just trans tuning with Double R Diesel 120hp the truck is absolutely fun to drive now

4. Likes Power247, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Running Ray's 200hp tune with the HPP trans it shifts extremely nicely. The higher HP tune does soften the shifts rather than firm/hard like lower HP tuning. Under boost/acceleration above 1600rpm there's little to no feeling of shifts. The TCL from 2nd up does it's job

RPM's @ 70mph are approx 1500rpm
    FRP max around 8800-9000

6. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Awesome!! I've been looking for a way to help the shift flare in my truck. So you have a TCM from HPP and also running Rays Trans tune?
    Thanks, Donovan

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dman255 View Post
    Awesome!! I've been looking for a way to help the shift flare in my truck. So you have a TCM from HPP and also running Rays Trans tune?
    Thanks, Donovan
    Yes. I went with the 2nd lock tuning
    Have several tunes from Ray Double R Diesel. Still getting others

Just couldn't put much faith in RaceME anymore with continued delays in 07.5-09 trans tuning. I was really hoping to get Ray's tuning but waited over a year for everything. No fault of Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12