Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPP TCM

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

HPP TCM

After nearly 14 months of waiting on RaceME for transmission support. I'm going ahead for right now and ordering a programmed TCM from Higher Power Performance

I did talk to Calibrated even though they didn't respond here. With email it was better communication. Their tuning appears to work well but pricing is a bit high

Starlite doesn't offer TCM tuning

The guys down at HPP have been great to deal with the last several days with questions I've had for them about tuning. As well as their tuning with future trans improvements

I'll run this while I get all the parts together for a transmission swap down the road

After I get the new TCM here and installed I'll post a review

Just wish I didn't have to spend more money considering tuning is already paid for with WARP from Ray. Until RaceME does their job unfortunately he can't do the transmission tuning. Really wish I could use his though

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: HPP TCM

Looking forward to your review once you get it installed and get to run it a while.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I was thinking about doing the ATS but since I'm wanting to do a swap I ended up deciding the extra cost didn't make financial sense

6. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I was thinking about doing the ATS but since I'm wanting to do a swap I ended up deciding the extra cost didn't make financial sense
    I don't recommend ATS have there Stage V Tranny 47RE in my 97 and it wasn't worth the money I paid for it no better maybe just a hair better then a stock tranny will never buy another ATS tranny again

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks RogueDiesel, walla2k5 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I don't recommend ATS have there Stage V Tranny 47RE in my 97 and it wasn't worth the money I paid for it no better maybe just a hair better then a stock tranny will never buy another ATS tranny again
    I would not put an ATS transmission in anything I own. I was talking about the copilot

The swap was using a Allison or a 5r110

10. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ordered first thing this morning at 9 and Brandon had it boxed and out with the mail on it's way before 9:30. Extremely fast and great CS

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@Higher Power Performance

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thought it would be here today. Left STL post office yesterday afternoon. 96 miles away. Didn't show up today though

Leave it to shipping companies to be slower than hell

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Just finished putting the TCM in along with a blower motor and resistor

Drove 3 miles to start getting everything the learn. Will be going to town in a little while. After about 20-30 miles for the transmission electronics to adapt I'll give it a little more

So far with the short drive it feels smoother and shifts are much more precise

Went with a 2nd lock and up. Noticing less fluctuation in RPM range between shifts in lower power band. At 25-27.5% throttle so far it coasts up to speed rather than lugging it's way there

After 2 miles @ 25% through the gears and reverse. I did go the last mile up to 41%
    It wanted to pull the gears and was asking for more

16. Likes Power247, Cummins7 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Able to use more pedal now after driving 30+

I can tell it's still learning obviously. 2-3 and 3-4 are pretty firm shifts at slower speeds or light pedal. With more driving most likely will smooth out more

After 1-2 shift I ran up to 49.75% throttle this morning. Rest of the shift points with half throttle didn't have the stiff/hard shifts and no drop in RPM between. Truck just went through the gears and MPH climbed.

Felt nice and responsive between the engine and trans. Feeling the pedal at my foot I didn't need to let off or give any more. Just nice and steady then hold it in place at 49.75%
    No dead pedal

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Cummins7, Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast