Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black smoke.

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Black smoke.

True, that is about double what is called for. It would not hurt to dial that back to where it should be - I'm somewhat doubtful it will have much effect on this issue though.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    35 psi fuel pressure. Is'nt that too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bit much but I was messing with the ofv had a week spring and stretched it a little in the Bush. .because I had an issue with fuel pressure drop..this definitely was the issue then..but a 3 psi boost in pressure hasn't hurt anything yet..7 months so far and no drop truck runs great but just every once and awhile and this black smoke rolls out..have had the truck 3 years now and has done this since I've had it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Ok. Mine had a bit high fuel pressure and blew alot of black smoke.Suddenly one of my injectors died. I replaced all six even though the other five was ok. My fuel pressure is now normal and the truck runs great. With alot less smoke

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

5. Top Of Page | #14
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Intermittent issues like this are something we are used to with electronics. Mechanical systems usually either work or don't - rarely intermittent.
    Agree with david3gen that injector(s) are certainly a possibility.

6. Thanks Aaron, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes Aaron, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Well when I get a chance I will yard them and disassemble and do a pressure check and spray pattern...see what's going on..like I said I've had this truck 3 years now and most of the stuff was done before I got it..this has done this ever since I've had it no issues as far as overheating the other issue I've had is cranks like 15sec to start if I don't give it about 1/16 throttle but I attribute that to 60 horse injectors also don't know if the timing has ever been changed..1/16 throttle and does not matter what the temp is +30 to - 30 and this old girl flashes right up..so like I say was more curious than anything and it's hard to pull it apart when it's daily driven as I'm only home for 5 days every other week..and I don't think the wife wants to hand over the 2012 gmc just yet...LOL

8. Likes david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well when I get a chance I will yard them and disassemble and do a pressure check and spray pattern...see what's going on..like I said I've had this truck 3 years now and most of the stuff was done before I got it..this has done this ever since I've had it no issues as far as overheating the other issue I've had is cranks like 15sec to start if I don't give it about 1/16 throttle but I attribute that to 60 horse injectors also don't know if the timing has ever been changed..1/16 throttle and does not matter what the temp is +30 to - 30 and this old girl flashes right up..so like I say was more curious than anything and it's hard to pull it apart when it's daily driven as I'm only home for 5 days every other week..and I don't think the wife wants to hand over the 2012 gmc just yet...LOL

See what you mean. Good luck and let us know when get your truck back in business and what the problem was

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Will do.

11. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12