Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, ABS & Brake Lights On

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help, ABS & Brake Lights On

2001 Ram 2500 4WD
    RWAL Brakes (2 wheel ABS, Rear wheels only)
    Edge CTS w/ A

Installed Power Stop Z23 kit yesterday on the front brakes and replaced drivers side wheel bearing.
    ABS & Brake lights were on before test drive and break-in. Started engine 3 times, on the 3rd restart, lights went out. Drove about 15 miles to break in pads with no lights, brakes are solid, pedal firm.
    2 hours later son calls, lights came back on when leaving to come home from a friends. Brakes still solid pedal firm, fluid is full. No obvious leaks.

Took to O'reilly's to read codes, popped code 36 and 23. See attached.

I can understand the 36, but not the 23.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Help, ABS & Brake Lights On

Just shooting here maybe check fuses? Then maybe track down wires see if something is exposed causing it come on. That's just my .2 cent

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It's RWAL, there are no wires to check on the front wheels.
    Never been a problem before doing the brake job yesterday.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    It's RWAL, there are no wires to check on the front wheels.
    Never been a problem before doing the brake job yesterday.

Did you ever get the brake system figured out bro ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Not yet, I've checked the fuse, disconnected the negative battery cables for at least 30 minutes.
    I even changed our the rear ABS sensor, although I tested the old sensor with an ohm meter and it checked good.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I missed this and too pooped to think about it. At the moment I'm at a loss

Did ORieleys clear the codes?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

They didn't clear them, went back today to have them cleared and it comes back with no codes, but lights are still on.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    They didn't clear them, went back today to have them cleared and it comes back with no codes, but lights are still on.

When they cleared them, did the lights go out and come back on?

Something isn't making sense. How you're getting a front indication when they don't even exist in the firmware. Is it possible he has the wrong truck selected? Maybe he needs to pull up the VIN in the software.

You may have a grounding issue somewhere but I wouldn't know where it would be without the FSM. The CD versions usually have that info. It's worth the look.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks Hulk thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    When they cleared them, did the lights go out and come back on?
    Codes were not cleared that I know of. Lights have not gone out except after what I put in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Something isn't making sense. How you're getting a front indication when they don't even exist in the firmware. Is it possible he has the wrong truck selected? Maybe he needs to pull up the VIN in the software. .
    Going to take it by buddy's shop and see what he can tell me. Either that or go buy my own code reader. It's supposed to be 100+ here for 6 of the next 7 days, so that will severely hamper my troubleshooting abilities. I'll let you know.

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Look at Auto Enginuity. It's pretty good. Needs a laptop. Far less than a decent scanner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast