Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  101
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

I figured I would post the modifications I'm making to my 2012 6.7 G56 ram. It currently has just over 40K on it and the goal is to build it for efficiency and longevity because I want it to be the last truck I ever buy. Time tell how realistic that is but that will be the mindset throughout this build. I will use it for daily driving, towing, log pulling, partying and whatever comes up in real life that may or may not require a truck. Check back from time to time and I will be updating this post. like all of you I get busy livn' life so there may be some time in between updates. feel free to post questions (or PM me) and ask for more detail. I'll try to post as many relevant pics as possible and not bog you down with full write ups unless you ask for it. There is a lot of great info already out the and in not reinventing the wheel. talk to you soon and leave me some feedback (I'm still a newbie!!).

-Jason

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

The 1st best mod I made is the EZ change oil drain valve from genos garage. you will NEVER splash or spill a drop of oil again. The tube goes right into the drain pan. I've attached a link, check it out.

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/...g/drain-valves

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Next up was to get rid of the stock air intake, install an S&B kit as well as a crank case breather kit.

Removing the stock air intake I pretty straightforward. As I was removing I found a broken clamp on the boot that connects to the turbo. The boot was stuck on there pretty good so I don't think it was leaking but it could have been. After I removed everything you can see how much oil is getting into the turbo and ultimately into the intercooler due to the stock crank case vent.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Installing the GDP breather kit is super simple. I did shorten the hose to the min length needed to install the plug to the S&B intake tube. I also played around with what clamps I wanted to use so you'll see a few of them in the pictures.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Finishing up the rest of the intake was easy. Do pay close attention to the wires for the sensors in the intake tube after you swap them over and plug them in. I don't like wires to be stretched or bent at hard angles so I did remove another retaining clip from a bracket to give it a little bit of slack. I added a zip tie afterwards for a little extra security. I'm not super happy wit the angle of the breather filter on the valve cover but I know its only like that because the EGR cooler crap is in the way. That will be coming off very soon.

I like intake so for. I swear the turbo whistle is louder but that may just be my imagination... either way, I like it!!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The last install for the weekend is a cabin air filter kit from Geno's Garage. I cant believe they didn't install this from the factory. It only took 15 mins max to install and comes with great instructions so I will only post some pics.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    The 1st best mod I made is the EZ change oil drain valve from genos garage. you will NEVER splash or spill a drop of oil again. The tube goes right into the drain pan. I've attached a link, check it out.

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/...g/drain-valves
    Good choice been using this system since 97 love it

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The last install for the weekend is a cabin air filter kit from Geno's Garage. I cant believe they didn't install this from the factoryhttps://www.igotacummins.com/images/icons/icon13.png. It only took 15 mins max to install and comes with great instructions so I will only post some pics.
    So,what exactly does it do ? Would you recommend it ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Next up was to get rid of the stock air intake, install an S&B kit as well as a crank case breather kit.

Removing the stock air intake I pretty straightforward. As I was removing I found a broken clamp on the boot that connects to the turbo. The boot was stuck on there pretty good so I don't think it was leaking but it could have been. After I removed everything you can see how much oil is getting into the turbo and ultimately into the intercooler due to the stock crank case vent.
    Good choice great job

11. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Finishing up the rest of the intake was easy. Do pay close attention to the wires for the sensors in the intake tube after you swap them over and plug them in. I don't like wires to be stretched or bent at hard angles so I did remove another retaining clip from a bracket to give it a little bit of slack. I added a zip tie afterwards for a little extra security. I'm not super happy wit the angle of the breather filter on the valve cover but I know its only like that because the EGR cooler crap is in the way. That will be coming off very soon.

I like intake so for. I swear the turbo whistle is louder but that may just be my imagination... either way, I like it!!
    Good job looks good

13. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast