User Info Menu

Re: JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

Before/After

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Next it was time to remove the 1000 lbs. of exhaust. I think I gain 100hp just from the weight reduction! Hahaha!

Again, there’s a lot of good install videos on YouTube so I willjust post a few pics. I went with the 4” Flo Pro with muffler. Install wentgood except I had to trim a few inches off one of the pips to get the fitexactly where I wanted it. I also took off the bracket on the trans. it wasn't needed on the new pipe.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

WARNING!!! THIS CRAP WILL KILL YOU TRUCK!!!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

I also installed my “mild” tunes from Double R Diesel on myMM3 tuner.

I’ll now need a new clutch! haha.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Let me know your thoughts and feedback. I’m sure I left somestuff out so feel free to ask any questions you have. I like it so far. Dramaticallydecreased my EGT’s and have increased my MPG from 12.5-13 to 18ish. I need todo more real world driving and hand calculation on the MPGs. I’ll keep everyoneposted and I get the results.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Its been a few weeks so i'll update the MPG so far. I wont put my new south bend clutch in for another month so i haven't been able to hammer on it too much. The driving has bee pretty conservative. I have a 25 mile one way commute to work each day. 60% is county roads with a few stop signs and the avg speed is 60 mph. The other 40% is highway and the avg speed is 75-80 mph. Before i was getting 12.5-13 mpg and now i'm getting a solid 18 mpg. This is all unloaded with the tires (slightly larger than stock) set at the recommend "light Load" pressures.

I haven't take it on any extended highway trips but before i was getting around 14.5 to 15 mpg. i expect right around 20. I'll keep everyone posted.

Overall its a different truck. Its definitely alive now and the MM3 tuner is great for monitoring the vitals! I have dramatically lower EGTs and lower engine operating temperature. I'm really happy the way it turned out.

Also because its my "Forever Truck" its going into the shop in few weeks to get the entire body clay bared, buffed, paint sealed, rustproofed and undercoated.

-Jason

12. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Very nicely done
    My next mod will be the gdp airboss and heater relocate as well as 625 arp head studs waiting for my tuner it should be here today I was on the fence for the gdp but this really made my decision easy!
    This is my forever truck to my last one (forever truck) 1998 quad cab 3500 12v was taken from me when a 23 year old woman decided she wanted to run a red light and hit me head on at 53 mph and totalled it.drove it from Nov 97-sept 2013 I loved that Truck! So this is the replacement
    Thanks again for a great post
    Another quick question do you have a remote start on you truck?and did it work after you relocated the grid heater?

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

13. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    Installing the GDP breather kit is super simple. I did shorten the hose to the min length needed to install the plug to the S&B intake tube. I also played around with what clamps I wanted to use so you'll see a few of them in the pictures.
    Does the breather kit require you to gut the CCV filter or just vent to the atmosphere?

Thanks for the tip!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

14. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Nicely done

Thank you for sharing.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345