Thread: JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out this weekend

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Big weekend coming up. A lot of new parts going on and I will finally be able to upload my tunes and see the true benefits of all the modifications. I'm really interested in seeing TRUE MPG gains so I'll be tracking that short and long term. I'll be sure to take pictures when I "relocate" some specific parts (to the dumpster) and replace them with some high quality parts from Glacier Diesel Power. Stay tuned

-Jason

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Snow Dodge liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

First I’m going to install the GDP Airboss 67. I don’t see alot of writeups with pictures so I took a lot and will walk through theinstall. I removed the plastic cover so I could access the EGR crossover tube. Removethat by loosening the 2 V-Band clamps. I also removed the cover on top of thevalve cover so I can remover the bracket the held the plastic cover. It’ll lookcleaner once everything is back together.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes Snow Dodge, david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Theinstruction that come from GDP are really detailed so make sur you follow themand it will fill in the blank or anything I may miss. Disconnect all the electricalconnections on the intake and intake manifold. Move them out of the way. Loosenup your boost tube and remove the bolts from the intake. This step is pretty straightforward.

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Once the intake is remover you can immediately getfrustrated due to the fact that the emissions system IS KILLING YOUR TRUCK!

My truck is a 2012 and only has 48,000 miles on it. The sootbuildup is unleavable. One thought that went through my head is how much emissionsare being reduced from these types of systems vs how much emissions are createdto make a new truck from the ground up. I want my truck to last a very longtime and the motor is very capable of this task in its original state. I haveto believe most consumers will just trade in or junk a truck once the engine startshaving issues or have to replace very expensive emission parts.

8. Likes david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Remove injector lines 1-4 as stated in the instructions. I alsoremoved the line from the pump to the rail and removed the banjo bolt on thefuel line from the side. Loosen the lower banjo bolt and rotate the line downout of the way. Again, unplug all electrical connections and tie them out ofthe way.

10. Likes david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Remove the sensor in the plenum and then remove all the remaining bolts that hold the plenum on. As stated in the instructions you can flex the fuel rail slightly up but do not bend the lines. The plenum should slide right out with a little wiggling. Now vacuum out all that soot!! I had to scrape my out. There was easily ¼” baked on. I was careful to keep it contained and run the shop vac while scraping.

12. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Slide the new plenum in under the fuel rail with the new gasketand install the sensor in the new location after cleaning all the soot off ofit.

14. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Snow Dodge, Power247, david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Reinstall you injector lines and make sure they are clean. Q-tips come in handy here

16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Don't forget the line from the pump and the other line(I think it's a return). tighten all those up too before installing the intake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast