Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  101
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: JAnderson 2012 Forever Truck

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    Finishing up the rest of the intake was easy. Do pay close attention to the wires for the sensors in the intake tube after you swap them over and plug them in. I don't like wires to be stretched or bent at hard angles so I did remove another retaining clip from a bracket to give it a little bit of slack. I added a zip tie afterwards for a little extra security. I'm not super happy wit the angle of the breather filter on the valve cover but I know its only like that because the EGR cooler crap is in the way. That will be coming off very soon.

I like intake so for. I swear the turbo whistle is louder but that may just be my imagination... either way, I like it!!
    Good job looks good

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    So,what exactly does it do ? Would you recommend it ?
    It filters the incoming air before it distributes it throughout the truck.

For example: I live on a dirt road and when I pull into my driveway the dust cloud follows me. When I stop the dust surrounds the truck and I can actually see the dust blowing around inside the cabin with windows up. Not a lot, but enough. Now with the filter in place it captures the dust, and filters the air similar to the air filter on the engine.

4. Thanks Jaxonsram, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, Jaxonsram, david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I did this mod too, you would be surprised how much dirt it captures and I'm 99% street driving.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

6. Likes Power247, david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Good read and write up !

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

8. Likes david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I finally got around to installing my MM3 tuner. I haven't put the other hard parts on to support the tunes but I wanted to get it fitted to the truck and the stock files downloaded. I didn't want the typical pillar mount and I didn't want the display staring me in the face all the time so I chose to sacrifice the small storage bin/pocket below the air vent. I removed the small rubber piece and removed the pocket from the dash by slightly prying down on the 2 tabs on the inside top of the pocket. I used 2 small screwdrivers at the same time. Then I dilled a 1/2" hole on the bottom for the wire and attached the tuner to the dash using 3M Velcro strips.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Next I located all the boxes under the dash on the panel below the steering wheel. Its a perfect spot for these and easy access by removing the 2 screws on the bottom corners. I used more 3M Velcro to mount them to the panel and zip tied up all the extra wire. Routing the wires for the J1939 and EGT connections through the firewall is pretty standard and I used the rubber boot in the upper left hand corner behind the E-Brake as my access point. The OBD2 connection does hang out of the dash but there is no issue getting in/out of the truck or depressing the clutch pedal. This is a vey clean install and if I choose to relocate any of the pieces you will never be able to tell anything was installed there. Pull the 3M Velcro off and place the small rubber piece back in the pocket to cover the hole. Ray at Double R Diesel has sent me the tune files but I will need to wait until I install all the other parts sitting in my garage before I upload them to the truck. Until then I will use it for a display only.

Attached Images Attached Images

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    I did this mod too, you would be surprised how much dirt it captures and I'm 99% street driving.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Ok John then you recommend doing this also bud ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

The last install for the weekend is a cabin air filter kit from Geno's Garage. I cant believe they didn't install this from the factoryhttps://www.igotacummins.com/images/icons/icon13.png. It only took 15 mins max to install and comes with great instructions so I will only post some pics.
    This is a great mod, I did mine a couple of weeks ago.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Next I located all the boxes under the dash on the panel below the steering wheel. Its a perfect spot for these and easy access by removing the 2 screws on the bottom corners. I used more 3M Velcro to mount them to the panel and zip tied up all the extra wire. Routing the wires for the J1939 and EGT connections through the firewall is pretty standard and I used the rubber boot in the upper left hand corner behind the E-Brake as my access point. The OBD2 connection does hang out of the dash but there is no issue getting in/out of the truck or depressing the clutch pedal. This is a vey clean install and if I choose to relocate any of the pieces you will never be able to tell anything was installed there. Pull the 3M Velcro off and place the small rubber piece back in the pocket to cover the hole. Ray at Double R Diesel has sent me the tune files but I will need to wait until I install all the other parts sitting in my garage before I upload them to the truck. Until then I will use it for a display only.
    For the OBD connection. I popped it out and flipped it around backward. Now you can't see it and it's not in the way of accidentally hitting it.

2017 2500 Black Larime CCSB | AFE CAI |
    4" Straight pipes |MM3 tuned by Anarchy

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

15. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Ok John then you recommend doing this also bud ?
    Absolutely! It's cheap and easy, you'll see the benefits in 6-12 months when you change that first filter.

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

17. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast