Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Methanol Injection

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Methanol Injection

I want to put methanol injection on my truck Cause I want to run my truck at the track this coming summer to see what it will run after all the stuf I have done to it. My egt alarm is at 1530 degrees and my truck defuels and drops to 60% power and think of it as an insurance policy. Just wanting to know what other people know about it and what they have/ or are getting. I have been looking at the snow performance stage 2 kit.

Last edited by jt_cummins; 01-16-2013 at 01:34 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

That says allot. LOL

What about it?

I am going to do it. I have all the fixins here. I have to make a bed mount for my 21 gallon water tank. I have 18 gallons of Meth for the winter and just plain water in the summer.

What are you looking to accomplish?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    That says allot. LOL

What about it?

I am going to do it. I have all the fixins here. I have to make a bed mount for my 21 gallon water tank. I have 18 gallons of Meth for the winter and just plain water in the summer.

What are you looking to accomplish?
    No clue what happened but it is up there now!!!!!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

LOL Gotch ua on that one. . .

This is what I know about it.

First of all, for some reason, if you ge too close to the intake manifold with your injectors, you can damage #1 piston. Too much water I guess.
    2nd, you want a 2 stage system for what you are doing. You don't want to go too big with the injectors.

what happens is the water turns to steam, which does several things during combustion. It turns to steam which is a very powerful propellant. It raises the octane of the diesel because it slows the burning of the fuel. That process lowers the cylinder temps as well as the EGT's. The steam has more affect with the egts. Meth just makes the fuel ignite faster.

For every day driving, water is more desirable. Slower engine speeds, meth can actually raise temps where plane water will not. You can't flood the engine with water either. so a balance will have to be established by trial and error. When you order the kit, get some spare nozzles in different sizes. You can raise them on race day and change them for street.

My approach is different. I'm going to be running .75 gal per hour at 200 PSI. My turbo pressure is 6 PSI while crusing on the flats. I will set the boost switch for 6 and cruse with a light mist all the time. It is expected to gain 2 MPG just by adding water. I am currently on a 24 MPG trend without it.

try www.coolingmist.com but call him to put a system together. The one I got was $200, but I am not going nuts with it either.

Hope this helps you

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

In response to your comment about garbage getting into the system, they have in-line filters for them. This is a cheap option that is often overlooked. I have a filter for mine, but my nozzle is tiny compared to what you will be using

Last edited by Polaraco; 01-16-2013 at 03:00 AM.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks bud XDP has a good video about the snow performance kit

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Go to coolingmist direct and talk to those people

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Everyone talks about a 49% methanol to 51% water mix is the best all aroung mix.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

from what I have read, that's a great mix for race day. A piston burner for street

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I would have mine set so it wouldn't come on till 25 pounds of boost is reached.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast