Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Fuel gauge issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel gauge issue

Hey guys,

so so here's my issue. This issue just started yesterday after going though the mountains on a very bumpy road. My guage started reading about a half tank low. Then after being back on a paved surface it came back up a quarter tank and was fine (now at 3/4 tank). Today after driving about 10 minutes, it dropped from3/4 down to empty, the gas light came on and the overhead showed "low fuel". I went to the station, it only took about 20 gallon to fill it up (32gal tank). After cycling the key the guage came back into line. My thoughts are a sending unit but the fact that cycling the key reset it puzzles me.. any thoughts???

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel gauge issue

Quote Originally Posted by Weebo134 View Post
    Hey guys,

so so here's my issue. This issue just started yesterday after going though the mountains on a very bumpy road. My guage started reading about a half tank low. Then after being back on a paved surface it came back up a quarter tank and was fine (now at 3/4 tank). Today after driving about 10 minutes, it dropped from3/4 down to empty, the gas light came on and the overhead showed "low fuel". I went to the station, it only took about 20 gallon to fill it up (32gal tank). After cycling the key the guage came back into line. My thoughts are a sending unit but the fact that cycling the key reset it puzzles me.. any thoughts???
    In my humble opinion I think you are right. I have an 04 and the gauge bounced around for a while from E to 1/2 to 1/4 to full, then went dead. I have done some research and apparently the sending unit has a little strip that the " needle" rides against and it wears out in certain spots hence the bouncing needle. I haven't order one yet but I hoping to soon and change it.
    I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Weebo134 thanked for this post
    Likes Weebo134 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weebo134 View Post
    Hey guys,

We need info about your truck to give our input such as year of truck and mileage and whether it is stock or performance modified

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

2007 6.7L 2500 Full delete