Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shibby K2 grid delete

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Shibby K2 grid delete

I haven't tried the modified 90hp tune I asked ray to do for me yet. Or the "smoke" tune
    The 90hp I had some issues with the Ultra not allowing me to change out to a different tune and it changing back to the 90hp on it's own. It's not a tuning issue it's something in the firmware that a number of people have experienced with some of the newer updates

The "SMOKE" tune 120hp
    As Ray warned me. It was possible my truck my run excellent with it or be absolutely nuts. There was no way of knowing. He told me the RPM's and throttle would be very touchy

The RPM's are very erratic and jump fast. First time testing it popped what most of you will call the lightning bolt
    If I remember right the code was for not enough air

I'll run it again and see what happens

I did run it a couple weeks ago at the races for diesel truck night. Using tow/haul. It didn't throw any faults and was running great
    Now with the grid gone that may be all it needs

2. Likes bloombloom88, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I haven't tried the modified 90hp tune I asked ray to do for me yet. Or the "smoke" tune
    The 90hp I had some issues with the Ultra not allowing me to change out to a different tune and it changing back to the 90hp on it's own. It's not a tuning issue it's something in the firmware that a number of people have experienced with some of the newer updates

The "SMOKE" tune 120hp
    As Ray warned me. It was possible my truck my run excellent with it or be absolutely nuts. There was no way of knowing. He told me the RPM's and throttle would be very touchy

The RPM's are very erratic and jump fast. First time testing it popped what most of you will call the lightning bolt
    If I remember right the code was for not enough air

I'll run it again and see what happens

I did run it a couple weeks ago at the races for diesel truck night. Using tow/haul. It didn't throw any faults and was running great
    Now with the grid gone that may be all it needs
    I've been lucky with that "120tune" mine runs great and gets the best fuel mileage on that tune actually. Even above the mileage of my "200" hp tune. Tested multiple times. Mine is flat out scary once it locks up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    I've been lucky with that "120tune" mine runs great and gets the best fuel mileage on that tune actually. Even above the mileage of my "200" hp tune. Tested multiple times. Mine is flat out scary once it locks up!

The regular 120hp base tune functions great. What Ray warned me about was the "120hp SMOKE" he did for me

He hadn't done it before if memory serves me right. There's no real issue just high revving and it needs a ton of air since it's low boost

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

The regular 120hp base tune functions great. What Ray warned me about was the "120hp SMOKE" he did for me

He hadn't done it before if memory serves me right. There's no real issue just high revving and it needs a ton of air since it's low boost
    The 5.9's don't have any box tunes. Ray has to write a tune for each truck. Just saying

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    The 5.9's don't have any box tunes. Ray has to write a tune for each truck. Just saying
    5.9?

I have a 6.7

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

5.9?

I have a 6.7
    Yes. I have an MM3 on my 5.9. I did the BETA for Ray on the 5.9. I just said that FYI.

It worked out well. He got some pretty impressive power out of it. The only way to tell is to get on his Dyno. But I went the MPG route, and that has worked really well. He's still working the kinks out for that. We were doing really well until they did that firmware upgrade. Started over. Ugh I am more than satisfied with what it's doing. Wish they had a turbo timer.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Maybe mine was after yours bud no biggie. Mine does it's intended purpose LOL. I've been running it quite some time now. Almost a year and almost 30k miles on these tunes.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

9. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

From what he said one truck may run amazing the next may hate it. Like Polaraco said figuring everything out as things go

I know Ray likes the 4th gen trucks better than the 3rd

10. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

From what he said one truck may run amazing the next may hate it. Like Polaraco said figuring everything out as things go

I know Ray likes the 4th gen trucks better than the 3rd
    Agreed. I get the feeling the 5.9's are allot easier because there are no deletes to deal with and they are allot more simple in engine performance. Less things to consider

11. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Agreed. I get the feeling the 5.9's are allot easier because there are no deletes to deal with and they are allot more simple in engine performance. Less things to consider
    We had a couple things he had to go in and shut off initially and after the first programming. Have to love government regulations

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123