Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shibby K2 grid delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Shibby K2 grid delete

First again thanks again to Clayton Dudes Diesel Performance for getting Shibby Engineering in his product line after I asked him if he could look into them

I was finally able to do a good shake down run after an issue with a broken part during install. We all know how that goes. Why Dodge or Cummins would use plastic other than saving money who knows

From initial drive
    84° outside heat index 94°
    Truck was at temperature already

In lower gears 1-2, 2-3, 3-4
    The truck feels to be working with more ease given I don't have any transmission tuning

I ran my 60hp tune from Ray Double R Diesel. Which ECM tuning has always been good

The drive was a simple 57-60mph into town. Some in town driving 30-35mph
    And returning 57-60mph

In town it seemed to feel like it was more responsive with less lag from the turbo and a dead pedal. I wasn't laying into it. Just driving normally

I'll switch over to my 120hp tomorrow followed by 200hp

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Shibby K2 grid delete

Fasten your seat belt for that 200 HP tune

Shibby Good shtuff

Years of experience too. Kurt was one of the first with viable delete kits

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

120hp with truck temp at approximately 98° up to opperating temps

There is noticeable improvement throughout the powerband. EGT's haven't dropped much according to guage. At 60mph still between 650-700° with ambient temp @ 82° and a light head wind of 9mph
    18 mile drive. EVIC mileage climbing faster even for a short drive. Very consistent with the 60hp tune leveling off at 20.5mpg. Easily higher for a longer drive and at opperating temperature

200hp tune
    Short drive home with the 200hp setting 12 miles
    Mileage of EVIC jumped to 20.7 rapidly

At idle the engine feels and sounds smoother and much happier
    Passing is absolutely different even without trans tuning
    Throttle position feathered from approx 23% up to 51.2%. Not hammering at all
    Engine load % topped just over 67%
    EGT % slightly over 47%

From 35mph to 67mph approximately 100 foot. If I had needed to really get into passing gear hard and fast there was plenty of pedal and fuel left

With the 200hp tune it pulls very hard throughout the powerband

I'm hoping for transmission tuning to see what ECM and TCM can really do for it now

6. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

With a longer drive fuel mileage would of course be much higher these number are for short trips
    For anyone that hasn't seen my post about fuel mileage. My EVIC is roughly 2.2 mpg off from hand calculated

Tomorrow I will be pulling my 20ft trailer unloaded 38 miles. Then home 38 miles with around 7k pounds total weight

I'll post fuel mileage and so on when I get home. Before I leave for the race track

LUCAS OIL LATE MODEL HELL TOUR

8. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

For anyone that has considered deleting TV or grid heater. Or changing intake horn/elbow

This is after I cleaned my grid heater when I did my TV delete less than 10k miles ago. Now the grid heater is deleted so free air flow

10. Likes bloombloom88, AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    For anyone that has considered deleting TV or grid heater. Or changing intake horn/elbow

This is after I cleaned my grid heater when I did my TV delete less than 10k miles ago. Now the grid heater is deleted so free air flow

http://i67.tinypic.com/x0tls7.jpg
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2w1v5zn.jpg
    So it sounds like you highly recommend doing the delete how much was that kit bud ? If you don't mind me asking and how long did it take you to do it ? Great job

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    So it sounds like you highly recommend doing the delete how much was that kit bud ? If you don't mind me asking and how long did it take you to do it ? Great job
    I'd say it's worth removing if you're in an area where temps allow. Even if not you can always delete and replace the throttle valve with a heater

That way it's much easier to throw on in winter if needed

From Clayton I'm sure he'll be able to work with people as he gets Shibby items in stock. We had to drop ship directly. That would mean he may be able to play with pricing and his shipping easier

The price though is cheaper than GDP, Fleece, Banks, Pusher
    Not to take anything away from those companies though

It took me a little longer than it might take someone else. I have spine injuries so took a couple breaks
    #6 fuel line wasn't removed just taken off the rail and turned up. And I also didn't remove the rail just zip tied it up enough to slide plates in and out. That will save you about 20-30 minutes of work

So realistically it should take someone 1.5 - 3 hours depending what's on their truck. I have no EGR and the front cover was already removed from that

14. Likes Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Good to know. That's one of the next things on my list.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

16. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'd say it's worth removing if you're in an area where temps allow. Even if not you can always delete and replace the throttle valve with a heater

From Clayton I'm sure he'll be able to work with people as he gets Shibby items in stock. We had to drop ship directly. That would mean he may be able to play with pricing and his shipping easier

It took me a little longer than it might take someone else. I have spine injuries so took a couple breaks
    #6 fuel line wasn't removed just taken off the rail and turned up. And I also didn't remove the rail just zip tied it up enough to slide plates in and out. That will save you about 20-30 minutes of work

So realistically it should take someone 1.5 - 3 hours depending what's on their truck. I have no EGR and the front cover was already removed from that
    Thanks bro appreciate the info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

18. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Here's the Shibby Engineering Heater. Big difference!

DSCN0076.JPG

Shibby Stage 1 air horn on my 08 with the heater installed

DSCN0130.JPG

I hated that truck

DSCN0187.JPG

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

20. Likes Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast