Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shibby K2 grid delete

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Shibby K2 grid delete

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Thanks bro appreciate the info
    He's right. It's a 6.7 mod that makes too much sense. I'm up here in Jersey so the heater is sort of required. We only have one or two of those days a year. However, I was in Canada at 15 below, sat all night, heater worked great! And it draws about 15 amps less leaving more for the starter.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I'd say it's worth removing if you're in an area where temps allow. Even if not you can always delete and replace the throttle valve with a heater

That way it's much easier to throw on in winter if needed

From Clayton I'm sure he'll be able to work with people as he gets Shibby items in stock. We had to drop ship directly. That would mean he may be able to play with pricing and his shipping easier

The price though is cheaper than GDP, Fleece, Banks, Pusher
    Not to take anything away from those companies though

It took me a little longer than it might take someone else. I have spine injuries so took a couple breaks
    #6 fuel line wasn't removed just taken off the rail and turned up. And I also didn't remove the rail just zip tied it up enough to slide plates in and out. That will save you about 20-30 minutes of work

So realistically it should take someone 1.5 - 3 hours depending what's on their truck. I have no EGR and the front cover was already removed from that
    I removed the #6 line and fuel rail when I did mine. I was thinking it would take me 45 mins to finish, well that was before I realized what a PITA that #6 line was! I'm glad I did it though, I got the pusher delete kit. Still waiting on my pusher intake horn and boost tubes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    I removed the #6 line and fuel rail when I did mine. I was thinking it would take me 45 mins to finish, well that was before I realized what a PITA that #6 line was! I'm glad I did it though, I got the pusher delete kit. Still waiting on my pusher intake horn and boost tubes

I went with Shibby Engineering for a few reasons

He makes great products
    Prices are extremely competitive
    I was running the horn already so wanted to see what I thought with them together
    And running the smooth design over the milled

My reasoning for that was I haven't seen actual tests of air flow inside the plenum. My concern was with a milled design the air may cavitate or be dirty air. Rather than be more of a straight shot

The Pusher is a good design though. I'd like seeing tests of both styles inside

4. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Hauling empty this morning with 60hp tune in tow/haul

Mileage on EVIC dropped to 17.6mpg @ 60mph. Trailer weighs about 2900lbs temperature 74°

Loaded with A/C running @ 60mph. Approximately 6200lbs still 60hp tune and tow/haul. Temperature was 82° and very humid
    Dropped to 16.9-17.1

If I had left tow/haul off or used the 120hp tune it may have got higher

While hauling both empty and loaded it did feel more agile and like the truck had more to give. Definitely spooled faster with slower drop off of boost

6. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

@9mgcb81 Thanks for the updates, I've been contemplating this delete, sounds like it's working out well for ya

8. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

A healthy 6.7 shouldn't have any problems starting without a grid heater down to zero degrees. Below that, plug your truck in.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Proper maintenance and good oil in her along with good batteries. The heater shouldn't be needed unless it's dead cold
    I'll park it in my barn on cold nights. If it's bitter I'll plug it in over night or at least an hour or so before starting

If anyone would like me to try anything specific post it and I'll let you know if I can do it. If I can I'll go for it and post results

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Tomorrow I'll be disconnecting batteries to reset everything and see how the mileage does from a full tank from there

12. Likes Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Haven't reset with batteries yet

Ran the 200hp tune
    Tow/haul & EB

From a 10mph roll to 80mph 1/8 mile. Letting off slowly. Easily could have gone faster but not trying to break laws
    With increased pressure from tow/haul. Truck sets you back in the seat through all gears. I didn't hammer it but ran gave throttle consistent up to 72%
    Engine load @ 89%
    EGT 69%
    Fuel RP 22,054

With the increased air flow the truck seems happier again with upper HP tuning

14. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Haven't reset with batteries yet

Ran the 200hp tune
    Tow/haul & EB

From a 10mph roll to 80mph 1/8 mile. Letting off slowly. Easily could have gone faster but not trying to break laws
    With increased pressure from tow/haul. Truck sets you back in the seat through all gears. I didn't hammer it but ran gave throttle consistent up to 72%
    Engine load @ 89%
    EGT 69%
    Fuel RP 22,054

With the increased air flow the truck seems happier again with upper HP tuning
    Thanks for the info! I'm just about ready to do mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast