Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune & ....?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tune & ....?

Hey everyone I am looking to see what modifications people have made and what order they made them. I just installed my MM3 Tuner with custom tunes today and am very happy with the gains. Looking to piece together a performance package for the truck (2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab). Thinking about the following: CAI, EGR delete, TBE, and Throttle valve delete. Is there an order I should follow when purchasing the parts?

2. Likes Jaxonsram, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tune & ....?

Hey bud! First of all welcome to the forum!

Glad to have ya.

You definitely made an awesome choice on tuning so your already on the right track!

Some people usually buy the tuning and tuner and get that out of the way. After that they either do the EGR delete and the throttle valve delete or the cold air intake next.

Most people I encounter usually do EGR, throttle valve delete, exhaust and cold air intake at the same time.

I'll shoot you a pm and give you some better details on installing everything if you'd like.

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to the forum and as stated, you're going a good route.

Consider the CAI last, since your stock is a basic CAI. To help improve it, remove the tunnel internals from the air box to the turbo for now and you basically got one. Then, later when cash is handy and you got the main parts ordered and installed, you can buy a CAI of choice. Just food for thought. And Dude's Diesel Preformance is a good source of knowledge and parts, plus a supporting vendor to our site.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks Badger2078, metaldrummer839 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Badger2078, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Most everyone would say, "first things first, get in that intake tube and pull out that awful baffle. Or at least get the foam out of there". Or at least I think they would... come on guys I'm sure of it......hello?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8. Likes Cummins7, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm sure you already have anyway. Right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Skip the CAI, the stocker will support all the power you can put down with stock turbo and injectors. I've never seen an aftermarket intake that is put together better than the OEM unit.

11. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bmheie View Post
    Hey everyone I am looking to see what modifications people have made and what order they made them. I just installed my MM3 Tuner with custom tunes today and am very happy with the gains. Looking to piece together a performance package for the truck (2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab). Thinking about the following: CAI, EGR delete, TBE, and Throttle valve delete. Is there an order I should follow when purchasing the parts?

How how do U like the mm3? I'm in the air with a few different turners

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOx View Post
    How how do U like the mm3? I'm in the air with a few different turners
    What tuners are you looking at?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

RaceMe MM3 is the only tuner to go with tuned and supported from Ray at DRD tuning wizard

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

17. Thanks bigredmaynard thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast