I like the grill. I would love a blacked out ram one. Good job

2017 2500 Black Larime CCSB | AFE CAI |
    4" Straight pipes |MM3 tuned by Anarchy

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Brent's 2017 Limited 2500 Build Thread

nice! I'm guessing you sold the step bars? they looked wheel to wheel? if you didn't sell them are you looking to sell them?

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gafool25 View Post
    nice! I'm guessing you sold the step bars? they looked wheel to wheel? if you didn't sell them are you looking to sell them?
    I have not sold them, they are wheel to wheel over 8' long, but would love to. Shipping may be expensive so I would let them go for cheap, they are just taking up space in my garage. I was going to start a post in the classifieds when I figured out what the freight would cost. PM me an offer if you are interested, I an send pictures.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ya know I do it every time I have a megacab and I always forget about it, it would work but it would be short, LOL so I might look into the amp steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new truck. I love the de chroming mods you are doing. I am doing the same with my laramie, you are just getting it done much faster!
    Im looking for the sport tails now, any 13+ sport work? Including ones from a 1500 id assume?

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bartfart05 View Post
    Congrats on the new truck. I love the de chroming mods you are doing. I am doing the same with my laramie, you are just getting it done much faster!
    Im looking for the sport tails now, any 13+ sport work? Including ones from a 1500 id assume?
    I believe they are all the same from 2013 up. The ones I bought were sold as a 2013-2017 tails, plugged right in

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Tuner and Delete Installation

Got my MM3 tuner from @Double R Diesel, sent stock files and got my tunes from Ray.

Bought the complete kit with Flo Pro 4" straight pipe, EGT sensor, Edge pilar mount, and HPP EGR delete kit.

Parts all trickled in over the last week and started install Saturday.

Ran the unlock cable through the clutch block-off plate, pulled it out..

Installed grommet and put the plate back.

Edge pod modification was next...

This is not designed for the MM3, started grinding with the dremel and sanding drum to allow the MM3 to sit tight to the face

There was no mounting solution for this so I fabricated a backing plate out of .050 Aluminum that I had laying around. Started with cardstock from the EGT sensor box..

Drilled holes for the screw holes in the back of the MM3 these are M3 screws, I had some left over from something else, mocked up the notch for the cable in the backingplate and cut the pod also...

Mounted the MM3 and fit the pod in the truck, fit very well, no trimming needed..

Painted with rustoleum universal paint, says it will stick to pretty much anything and could not find adhesion promoter at the local NAPA or hardware stores so I hope it sticks...

Updated the files on the MM3, made the connections and updated the ECU, all worked flawless, no problems.

Next is the EGR delete...

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Man your truck is looking awesome! When you get all the delete done post a video. Would love to hear the sound!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Man your truck is looking awesome! When you get all the delete done post a video. Would love to hear the sound!
    Thanks, I will post a couple of videos, The delete is complete, just haven't done the write up with pics yet. Can't help but smile every time I get on it.

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

EGR Delete was not too big a deal, the HPP kit from @Double R Diesel came with detailed instructions but they could have been better. I was left scratching my head on a couple of occasions but was not difficult at all.

Here are the parts:

Before picture... Stock 6.7....

Getting to the radiator drain requires removal of the drivers side inner fender well. not to big a deal except I read the manual as right side fender well, then could not find the drain. so I read the instructions and it said LEFT, so I had both the inner fender wells out.

Here is the drain...

Drained about a gallon from the radiator and that worked great as the EGR had very little coolant in in when it was pulled.

All the parts came off fairly easy, the HPP instructions had almost all the bolt sizes wrong but that wasn't a big deal, I had read on this forum that you need a 15mm crows foot wrench and this is the bolt it is needed on and without it I would have been stumped, Thanks everyone!!

The EGT sensor came without any instructions so I was not sure how far to leave it inside the plate, I have not hooked up the control module to see how it works but, if anyone has any input on this it would be appreciated. here is where it is now about 3/8" into the manifold.

The instructions said the back pressure sensor is not used and a plug was provided. so I took this out

I could not get the coolant hose on the fitting so I cut off the factory fitting and it fit the hose perfect, the instructions were unclear about how this went together.

Had to make a bracket to tie this back to the block, no picture but it is not leaking so I think this is working good.

After Pic

Next is the delete pipes.....

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast