Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Embarrassing

The u-joints are a nightmare. On my 09 they had to be heated with a torch to get them out. They were rusted so bad they would hardly move

Bearings aren't bad though

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Front or rear?

Not sure I understand when the noise is happening.

Ceramic pads will make a grinding noise when they are hot. If the noise goes away when you step on the brakes, it could be a wheel bearing

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Front or rear?

Not sure I understand when the noise is happening.

Ceramic pads will make a grinding noise when they are hot. If the noise goes away when you step on the brakes, it could be a wheel bearing
    Definitely the front. And it's only the driver side. It stays when the brakes are applied and continues for a couple feet after accelerating and then goes away.

2013 2500 CCSB 5in rough country with 35x12.5x20. (Not sure on wheels yet) Deleted. Tuned with DRD.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Try turning at very slow speed especially backing up. See if it feels like the front is binding up on you

If so then it's a good chance it's the u-joints in the shaft/hub(s)
    You can get under with a flashlight and see if they appear to be overly worn, rusted or otherwise poor condition

Could still be brakes or hub bearings though

5. Thanks Brandido thanked for this post
    Likes goofnround liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Try turning at very slow speed especially backing up. See if it feels like the front is binding up on you

If so then it's a good chance it's the u-joints in the shaft/hub(s)
    You can get under with a flashlight and see if they appear to be overly worn, rusted or otherwise poor condition

Could still be brakes or hub bearings though
    Hopefully nothing's rusted, I definitely won't be able to tell as the PO painted everything underneath the truck. I'm sure it has it perks but I can't really see if any things bad the way it is. I'll start with brakes and rotors and go from there in that sense.

2013 2500 CCSB 5in rough country with 35x12.5x20. (Not sure on wheels yet) Deleted. Tuned with DRD.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

That's the easiest and cheapest

8. Thanks Brandido thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brandido View Post
    Definitely the front. And it's only the driver side. It stays when the brakes are applied and continues for a couple feet after accelerating and then goes away.
    OK You're going to have to jack up the wheel and investigate. You could have a sticky caliper, or it could be a wheel bearing

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks Brandido thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Thank you for help!

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Embarrassing

I've had a similar experience on my 1500 Couldn't figure it out for like a week . My problem was the dust cover. I must of got a rock stuck or something . Anyway it was pushed close to rotor . With it being so close it would vibrate causing an embarrassing sound when coming to a stop or accelerating . But wouldn't do it all the time I just got a flat head screwdriver and positioned back making sure it was evenly gapped all the way around . Maybe this can be your problem , either way keep us updated . Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tequila Sunrise Pearl 2102 Ram 3500 Laramie . 4" Tuff Ez Ride Suspension Lift , 20" Moto Metal Razor wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Terra Grappler G2 .
    United Pacific triple trumpet train horn .No Performance mods yet .

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The DodgeFather View Post
    I've had a similar experience on my 1500 Couldn't figure it out for like a week . My problem was the dust cover. I must of got a rock stuck or something . Anyway it was pushed close to rotor . With it being so close it would vibrate causing an embarrassing sound when coming to a stop or accelerating . But wouldn't do it all the time I just got a flat head screwdriver and positioned back making sure it was evenly gapped all the way around . Maybe this can be your problem , either way keep us updated . Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly what I was saying happened with my 99 F250. Was a rock from a country road. Some ca6 road pack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast