Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Embarrassing

So I've got this noise, super annoying, super embarrassing. Basically when I'm coming to a stop I can hear something rubbing. It's definitely something to do with the wheels, it's not a constant sound, not like if your brakes are squeaking. Anyway I just wanna figure out what it is so it can get fixed. Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Embarrassing

What year, model, mods ..... ect.

Suggestion, put all the in your signature so we have something to work with. Right now it could be a '98. '06. '14. '17

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes Brandido liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Oh yea, duh. 2013 2500 5 inch lift, 35x12.5x20. Deleted and all that jazz. I not sure what gears it has I should probably figure that out at some point.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

But I guess I'm not allowed to have a signature yet.

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

You do. Go to the top where your handle is and look for your signature. It's there. But I wouldn't rule out the brakes. I found some slug in one caliper and it didn't allow the brakes to totally retract when not in use and had a rubbing sound. Something to consider.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Rule out the 2 most simple things first

Check pads/rotors
    Check behind brake shields to see if there's any rocks stuck. In my Fords I got them before and had squealing a lot. Had to pull the wheel and pry back on the shield and use a screwdriver to pop the rock out

8. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Well then i guess I'll have to pull it apart one of these days. Thanks.

2013 2500 CCSB 5in rough country with 35x12.5x20. (Not sure on wheels yet) Deleted. Tuned with DRD.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I agree! Check the pads! I threw one and had to replace the rotor as well because it dug into it!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

If you don't see any damage, worn pads or anything stuck in between

You can then move on to u-joints in the hub's/axle shafts

Hub bearings

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    If you don't see any damage, worn pads or anything stuck in between

You can then move on to u-joints in the hub's/axle shafts

Hub bearings
    I heard those are fun.

2013 2500 CCSB 5in rough country with 35x12.5x20. (Not sure on wheels yet) Deleted. Tuned with DRD.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast