Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What's this noise I keep hearing?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What's this noise I keep hearing?

I have a 13 2500 and sitting in it for a while before I go to work I've notice two very annoying noises. First is a growling grinding noise but I found online that it's the ac doors resetting or something like that and is normal, plus only happens once or so after truck is off. The other however happens well to my knowledge an hour that's about how long I've sat in my truck but after that not sure if keeps going or stops. Anyhow the the noise is like a high pitch hum/buzz like something you'd hear from a computer like the ram writing or similar to dial up internet booting up. It goes for about a minute then stops for short time then starts up angain, Quite annoying. It comes from the navigation screen.
    Does anyone know what this is and if it's normal or not? Like I said quite annoying and makes me wonder if could drain battery over time if something is working when truck is off.
    Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What's this noise I keep hearing?

My 2016 does it. I've noticed the white Guage rings light up on the dash after the truck has set for a while. I've wondered about battery life too. Like it's going through a self check or something.