Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil change intervals

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Oil change intervals

Does anyone follow the 15k recommended oil change interval? I think that's a bit much especially for the first change ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Sisupower liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Oil change intervals

Um no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nope!

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Likes Sisupower liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I usually go no more 7000 to 7500 on average bud if you use a good oil the only oil I use is the Valvoline Premium Blue 15W40 it is made especially for the Cummins Motors been using that oil ever since I learned about it and have put probably anywhere between 750,000 to 850,000 miles on several Cummins motors never had one problem with that oil

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, IGOTACUMMINS, Csnelson54 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

10 4 thanks for confirming, I planned to run delo 400 Le but I will check out the valvoline

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I use amsoil full synthetic and still change it every 5k. I'm just a n a l LOL

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

12. Thanks Csnelson54 thanked for this post
    Likes Csnelson54 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Opps .. I use to do it every 10k.

Then I put on a oil bypass system an started changing filter ever 5k and sent sample in ever 10k. Got 27k on it now and last oil sample was still with in good limits. Next oil sample will go in about 3k from now. If sample is still good, I'm staying the course.

Had a truck in the past with 70k on it when I got to the edge of the good oil permitters and then I changed it. Truck ran great. The guy who bought it is doing the same with over 500k on the clock now.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Thanks Csnelson54 thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, Wisenheimer liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Bypass filter here as well with oil sampling. 30k plus on my change intervals. Doing a change every 5-10k would cost a fortune if using good oil and filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Csnelson54 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

How do u do the samples? I always hear everyone doing them.

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Opps .. I use to do it every 10k.

Then I put on a oil bypass system an started changing filter ever 5k and sent sample in ever 10k. Got 27k on it now and last oil sample was still with in good limits. Next oil sample will go in about 3k from now. If sample is still good, I'm staying the course.

Had a truck in the past with 70k on it when I got to the edge of the good oil permitters and then I changed it. Truck ran great. The guy who bought it is doing the same with over 500k on the clock now.
    My oil stays so clean with the dual filters I only do it once a year, which is about 15K being retired and all. But I do change the filters every fall for the winter. The oil is usually and finally black around 12K. I noticed Ray's tuner keeps it even cleaner longer now. This spring I could see the dipstick through the oil. Next month I'm going to Ohio so we'll see what the fuel mileage is. With my wing and larger tires, along with Ray's MPG tune, this will be interesting. Last time I clocked the highway I was over 25

BTW, I use Rotella T6. Rotella is the truck fleet choice and endorsed by Cummins.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

19. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast