Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceMe Ultra and Heat

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceMe Ultra and Heat

Question: do you guys leave your units in the truck all the time, or do you remove it? We're currently in Kansas and it's getting really hot here. Just wondering if heat inside the locked truck can do harm to the unit.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2010 RAM 3500 DRW CC LB. RaceMe Ultra Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete, RaceMe EGT, 4" Flo-Pro CAT-To-Factory Muffler
    Pulling a 2011 HitchHiker 31.5 UKTG Fifth Wheel
    Full-time RVer since 9/22/14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceMe Ultra and Heat

I'm in Southeast Texas and the heat index has been over 100 degrees the last few days...I never take mine out of the truck and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
    Likes Bobtipton liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Over the last week or 2 here in IL we've had indexes in the upper 90's. A few days actual temps in the 90's
    I haven't taken mine out but usually park under trees in my driveway or my barn. Not sure if it had heat issues or not never heard of any

I'd say try emailing RaceME but I think they stopped responding to customers emails now

I'm sure Ray Double R Diesel will give advice

5. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

My truck is to old to own one of those, but I have the Smarty Touch and it is somewhat similar. I visit my daughter in Vegas and in the summer it's as hot as H***, usually over 100 every day. Outside of placing a light towel over it, it sits in the sun all day. I never take it out. And it hasn't fouled yet in the last few years I've had it. I hate to say this, but most of the parts should be the same, so I'd say you shouldn't have an issue. If your worried of direct sunlight, throw a light rag over it when not using the truck.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I need to figure something out that has been going on with my Ultra. I live in Texas and we have had temps at 102+ and there is no telling how hot it gets inside my truck. My truck sits on a sloped driveway and the sun beats down, right through my front windshield.
    Now, it doesn't happen all of the time but sometimes my Ultra will not come on. I get the 2 red binks and 1 green and 2 red and so on. Does this have to do with how hot it gets inside my truck?
    I have had my Ultra for about 1-1/2 years now. It has done this only a few times. In order for me to get it to come back on I have to unplug my OBD2 and plug it back in. Can some shed some light on this and help me out? I haven't really been to concerned since I figured it was a heat issue and it has always come back on. Just want to be sure.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My MM3 sits in my truck every day at work and at home in the hot Hawaii sun, I have tint and put up a shade on the windshield when I park it, but the past couple weeks since I installed it has had no problems.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

How is yours mounted? Just the suction mount
    Are you using it for gauges also or only tuning

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    How is yours mounted? Just the suction mount
    Are you using it for gauges also or only tuning
    Mine is a pillar mount and I use it for gauges and real time tuning

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    Mine is a pillar mount and I use it for gauges and real time tuning
    I wouldn't think you'd have a problem due to heat. Mine has been in sunlight with windows up 100+ heat indexes. And considerably higher inside until I open it or get the A/C going

You can try covering the screen or parking in shade. If you have a garage and able try parking inside and see if that stops the issue

If things continue there would be something else going on

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'm in columbus tx and although i don't have an MM3, i have the edge cts2 monitor along with a gps that never leaves the dash. Not one time has it ever given me sort of trouble or sign that it couldnt handle the heat. Only issue is that sometimes the suction cup falls at the absolute worst time haha!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast