Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

1. Top Of Page | #51

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Let's ask the man himself.

@Double R Diesel?
    already sent him a message...if that's true I'll order tomorrow...just always thought that only applied to 4th gen without a separate TCM

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Yep, we can tune a 07.5-09 TCM with the MM3 now. So no need for guys to have their TCM benched flashed or buy a tuned TCM.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    With all 3 platforms, tune files are just always just an internet connection away. With the MM3 and EFI we merely email tune files. With Ezlynk, tune files are sent via their cloud server.

Same goes with data logging with all 3.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

This is my problem with the EZ Lynk. My background is in IT & Cybersecurity and I currently work for a global backbone network provider & every time I see this I want to cringe. The main reason being that I cannot find any mention of security measures for the AutoAgent cloud. You need to remember that all the cloud is, is someone else's computer. My concern is that a vulnerability in the AutoAgent cloud could give a threat actor a direct line of communication with your vehicle.

Let's not forget the fact that a team of professional hackers already was able to hack into a Jeep Grand Cherokee, while it was driving on the highway, and take over full control of the vehicle. Adding a 3rd party Cloud based connection device into your CANBUS system seems like asking for someone to get into your electronics. I don't doubt that EZ Lynk has developed security protocols to secure the connection between the cloud and the device, but it seems risky nonetheless.

5. Thanks DRD, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    This is my problem with the EZ Lynk. My background is in IT & Cybersecurity and I currently work for a global backbone network provider & every time I see this I want to cringe. The main reason being that I cannot find any mention of security measures for the AutoAgent cloud. You need to remember that all the cloud is, is someone else's computer. My concern is that a vulnerability in the AutoAgent cloud could give a threat actor a direct line of communication with your vehicle.

Let's not forget the fact that a team of professional hackers already was able to hack into a Jeep Grand Cherokee, while it was driving on the highway, and take over full control of the vehicle. Adding a 3rd party Cloud based connection device into your CANBUS system seems like asking for someone to get into your electronics. I don't doubt that EZ Lynk has developed security protocols to secure the connection between the cloud and the device, but it seems risky nonetheless.
    Bingo!

You'd don't want to know what we heard about them.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Bingo!

You'd don't want to know what we heard about them.
    Oh no, I would love to know LOL

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Very informative thread!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    Great idea for a thread Ray, I know I did a ton of research before I picked the MM3. I don't know a ton about the ezlynk but the few reasons I chose the mm3 over efi was because I liked the simplicity of changing files with your tuner. Ray is down in North Carolina and I'm waaaay up in Canada. If I need something tweaked or changed he's just an email away. From what I understood about the efi platform was you needed to send the autocal back to your tuner to re-flash it with your updated tune and then send it back to you to flash your truck. If you plan on slowly adding more performance mods like I do I can easily get my tunes updated through email. In terms of hardware, I like the look of the mm3 display. If I was to go the efi route you need the bullydog (which is one ugly display if you ask me) to unlock the truck, an autocal to flash your tunes, and I would have wanted an edge juice with attitude as my display. That's a lot of hardware when the mm3 covered all three things with one piece of hardware. The third reason I chose the mm3 was the RT function. You can store more than the 5 tunes efi would do with a CSP5 switch on your dash and you don't need the switch it's all right on your display. With data logging out now for the mm3 it makes sending your tuner (who lives a long way away) a spread sheet of how your trucks performing to help tweak tunes for you. That's why I would go with the mm3, in my option it's the best option out there right now. Unfortunately not many people know about it but when I show people my truck it defiantly blows them away what I can do with that tuner.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE |
    Nice to know MM3 has data logging.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Great thread Ray @DRD!

Thank you, and all who chimed in with added info and opinions.

I just hope my Mini Maxx doesn't loose it's mind before next spring, then it'll be time to upgrade to the MM3 and Ray's tuning!

I sent him a PM last Saturday evening, not expecting a response 'till today, but he was on top of my questions within half an hour, and this was late evening.

Impressive in this day and age!

15. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

looks like the thread has slowed down in the past few months but i adding my experience helps at least one person then its all good

My first CTD was a 90 W250 auto (the old 727) back in the days of no intercooler and 160hp stock. Since it was a mechanical pump a friend who knew what he was turned it up to 280 hp for a 6 pack. Those were the days.

My second CTD was a 2001 2500 QCLB 5 spd manual. I towed a travel trailer a lot, wanted more mpg and simplicity so I straight piped it, modded the factory air filter housing and went with the Edge EZ. That turned the truck up to 330 hp from 235 and I was getting 25 mpg empty, 16 mg towing. I had to sell it for financial reasons, I still kick myself for selling it and miss it every day.

Now my current 2018 Laramie CCSB Aisin when I started my research I looked at Edge first since I had a prior good experience. The install was horrendous and it did not offer deletes. So I checked out a few trucks my friends own in the area. One had the H&S and the other had the RaceMe, not from DRD. The H&S was cheaper but only offered canned tunes. The RaceMe was nice and pointed me in the direction of the newer SOTF options with custom tuning. This was all before I found these forums. I watched several delete videos to see what I was in for and one in particular showed how the MM3 worked. That sold me on the MM3 as a tuner. It has the ability to do custom tunes and SOTF or the ability to program and removed completely if I wanted. So then it was a matter of finding a tuner. This took me months of scouring forum after forum after video. I had decided on a deal that was a good price but was hesitant to pull the trigger as I want to keep this truck a long time and they are very expensive and not getting any cheaper. I found a great deal on a closeout 2018 knowing this would be it for a long time unless I wanted a divorce (LOL). That is when I found these forums and the first thing that impressed me was the amount of good advice and like minded people I found here. A vast majority of them are loyal to DRD so I checked into it. I learned the previous deal I found was from someone well known to use other people's tunes and after seeing what Ray offered I knew this was the right person to tune my truck via mm3.

So after extensive research the MM3 was the tuner that fit my needs and I feel is the better tuner at least for the Gen4 but that is what the research is all about. DRD happened to offer what I wanted so it was a win-win in my book. FYI I have finished with my 2018 and my friend with the H&S likes the way mine runs compared to his and he is seriously considering switching over.

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

16. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post
    looks like the thread has slowed down in the past few months but i adding my experience helps at least one person then its all good

My first CTD was a 90 W250 auto (the old 727) back in the days of no intercooler and 160hp stock. Since it was a mechanical pump a friend who knew what he was turned it up to 280 hp for a 6 pack. Those were the days.

My second CTD was a 2001 2500 QCLB 5 spd manual. I towed a travel trailer a lot, wanted more mpg and simplicity so I straight piped it, modded the factory air filter housing and went with the Edge EZ. That turned the truck up to 330 hp from 235 and I was getting 25 mpg empty, 16 mg towing. I had to sell it for financial reasons, I still kick myself for selling it and miss it every day.

Now my current 2018 Laramie CCSB Aisin when I started my research I looked at Edge first since I had a prior good experience. The install was horrendous and it did not offer deletes. So I checked out a few trucks my friends own in the area. One had the H&S and the other had the RaceMe, not from DRD. The H&S was cheaper but only offered canned tunes. The RaceMe was nice and pointed me in the direction of the newer SOTF options with custom tuning. This was all before I found these forums. I watched several delete videos to see what I was in for and one in particular showed how the MM3 worked. That sold me on the MM3 as a tuner. It has the ability to do custom tunes and SOTF or the ability to program and removed completely if I wanted. So then it was a matter of finding a tuner. This took me months of scouring forum after forum after video. I had decided on a deal that was a good price but was hesitant to pull the trigger as I want to keep this truck a long time and they are very expensive and not getting any cheaper. I found a great deal on a closeout 2018 knowing this would be it for a long time unless I wanted a divorce (LOL). That is when I found these forums and the first thing that impressed me was the amount of good advice and like minded people I found here. A vast majority of them are loyal to DRD so I checked into it. I learned the previous deal I found was from someone well known to use other people's tunes and after seeing what Ray offered I knew this was the right person to tune my truck via mm3.

So after extensive research the MM3 was the tuner that fit my needs and I feel is the better tuner at least for the Gen4 but that is what the research is all about. DRD happened to offer what I wanted so it was a win-win in my book. FYI I have finished with my 2018 and my friend with the H&S likes the way mine runs compared to his and he is seriously considering switching over.
    Very well said friend!

I agree 100%!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

17. Likes timshooter40, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast