Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

@Double R Diesel why you only sell the MM3 Tuner? You could own the market and sell them all.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I'd still like seeing Ray from Double R Diesel pull over the n lDash/Dashdaq platform for the Cummins.

It can be done. That's all I'll say since this thread is only for the mentioned platforms.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    @Double R Diesel why you only sell the MM3 Tuner? You could own the market and sell them all.
    Well...

I pretty much only tune 4th Gen trucks...most of which are the 13 and newer variety. For these I want an all in one device that will unlock, tune, and show all the gauges I would want. EFI Live can't do that with one device, nor can unlock the ecm for tuning in 20 seconds. The MM3 does that all in one device. PLUS you can install an EGT sensor that works in conjunction with the MM3 display unit. And in reference to the Ezlynk, I prefer the dedicated monitor that the MM3 provides. So maybe you can see why I don't dabble with EFI Live on the 4th Gens for sure.

Now Ezlynk is the new kid on the block and yes it has it perks and quirks...but I'm just not comfortable with it as a professional tuner selling it. I really don't want my tune files stored on a cloud out of my full control. And perhaps the biggest deterrent to me is I was told Ezlynk was in the middle of a lawsuit between another company for thieft of intellectual property. I personally want no parts in with a company in such a lawsuit. Now this may not concern the consumer, but it bugs me.

So basically the MM3 does exactly what I need it do, it works for the consumer, and it's a great product.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yikes! We didn't know that about EZ Lynk.

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Likes BrightWhiteCummins, Hotram9212 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Well...

I pretty much only tune 4th Gen trucks...most of which are the 13 and newer variety. For these I want an all in one device that will unlock, tune, and show all the gauges I would want. EFI Live can't do that with one device, nor can unlock the ecm for tuning in 20 seconds. The MM3 does that all in one device. PLUS you can install an EGT sensor that works in conjunction with the MM3 display unit. And in reference to the Ezlynk, I prefer the dedicated monitor that the MM3 provides. So maybe you can see why I don't dabble with EFI Live on the 4th Gens for sure.

Now Ezlynk is the new kid on the block and yes it has it perks and quirks...but I'm just not comfortable with it as a professional tuner selling it. I really don't want my tune files stored on a cloud out of my full control. And perhaps the biggest deterrent to me is I was told Ezlynk was in the middle of a lawsuit between another company for thieft of intellectual property. I personally want no parts in with a company in such a lawsuit. Now this may not concern the consumer, but it bugs me.

So basically the MM3 does exactly what I need it do, it works for the consumer, and it's a great product.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Exactly why I don't mess with cloud or social media stuff. Wish you still did the EFI though for the older trucks as another option

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I purchased the MM3 from Ray with the emissions compliant because I wanted to keep my 6/100,000 warranty on my 2016 Ram 3500 but wanted to disconnect the EGR so I don't have that crap recirculating back into my engine. Yes you will go through a lot more DEF but it's worth it in my opinion. It's an awesome tune and I did a lot of research before making my decision on this MM3. Ray knows his stuff and has the best customer service anywhere! Eventually I will do a full delete when my warranty expires and you better believe I will purchase that from Ray when the time comes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Well...

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    So do you not offer anything for the 06 5.9? I think we have talked about it but can't find thread or remember. If you do how do you purchase it on your site. I didn't see anything so that's why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

https://www.igotacummins.com/attachm...5&d=1497966070

Howdy folks! I'd thought it would be great to create a thread to help the newcomer decide which tuning device for the 6.7 Cummins powered Ram Pickup is best.

I want this to be an open and honest thread. I want facts and your opinions. I want this to fair and balanced. I do not want any bickering and arguing. I want this to be helpful for the newbies out there coming into the diesel performance market.

You may ask, why did I create this thread as an MM3 dealer only? You may say surely he's gonna be totally biased...well NOPE. The answer is there are a lot of lies, misinformation, and covering up of the truth out there in internet land...and I'm sick of it!! Unfortunately, so many newbies are hitting social media groups like the Facebook group 6.7 Cummins Performance and only seeing part of the truth. I've been involved with that one myself and mention some truthful things only to see it disappear. And unfortunately, the newbie only gets to see the part the ones in charge want them to see. Well...that won't happen here!

OK, having said all that I'll give you my opinion...sort of.

I think in the hands of a capable tuner they are all good options. Hardware wise they are different and the consumer may like one or the other just based on that simple fact...but WHOA, the hardware isn't any better than the ones writing the tunes and the ones providing customer service for them! That's the bottom line in my opinion!

Look at it like this, you can take a pile of dung and put it in a shiny box...but it's still crap. Likewise with tuners. One shop can offer the coolest looking gadget out there, but if the tunes and service suck...it's just crap.

OK, let the discussion begin! Tell us which one you like and Why. Keep in mind someone new may come along and read this...and this just may be the deciding factor in their purchase!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    As always Ray willing to help and provide info on his tuning systems and others tuning systems you are a great guy Ray thanks for the info bro

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    So do you not offer anything for the 06 5.9? I think we have talked about it but can't find thread or remember. If you do how do you purchase it on your site. I didn't see anything so that's why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not right now buddy. I'll probably stick with the 6.7 market.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

With all 3 platforms, tune files are just always just an internet connection away. With the MM3 and EFI we merely email tune files. With Ezlynk, tune files are sent via their cloud server.

Same goes with data logging with all 3.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ray is the tuning wizard and a great guy

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast