I did a lot of research on devices and the guys that were available for writing tunes beforehand

I went with the Ultra for my 09. Yes there are some setbacks for 3rd generation trucks not yet worked out

The Ultra is however a very promising platform. It offers a lot of things people may be looking for. One major reason I personally went with it is the endless room for tunes on the SD card with custom tuning. If that's files from the tuner or that I ask to be written specifically for my needs. I'm only limited by the room of the card

Ray Double R Diesel is the tuner I went with. I did reach out to see if he was offering EFI again. Which he isn't anymore
My reasons were 2. One that as above I mentioned. 3rd generation trucks with the RaceME platform are limited by not having transmission support as of yet. And I was wanting to try out the EFI platform as an alternative. Both for transmission capabilities and faster tune loading. Although with RT on the Ultra it is fast

Certain tunes on 3rd generation trucks are required to be ECM files which means 5-7 minutes to load rather than a few seconds
Turbo mapping is not RT capable and must be done through ECM only. So even with box tuning it's a 5-7 minute wait to write. And 3rd generation in box tuning form does not support RT. Only way to get RT is with WARP

I can't speak for the EZ Lynk as it's so new and I'd like seeing more real world before I try it myself. Things always progress though and parts of it seem promising