Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

I think it depends on how old your truck is also. For 2013 and newer it sounds like Warp Tuning is the only way to go. For 07.5-09 trucks there isn't much to work with. For 10-12 trucks there still needs to be an improved too... timing can't be changed in RT files and trans tuning needs more parameters to make it perfect. Correct me if I'm wrong Ray.

As far as the display, the MM3 is awesome, but there's room for improvement. The readings seem too sensitive, even on the lowest setting... especially rail pressure.

RaceME could take a page out of the old H&S handbook by having a constant display of present gear and a TC Locked icon, rather than watching TC slip in a dedicated gauge position.

Only another thing I can think of is the few seconds of delay between RT changes... When other platforms happen instantaneously.
    Most of this stuff can be changed and improved. We just gotta wait for the engineers to make it happen.

Some of this is my personal opinion and the rest is what I think I know... so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, Ray at Double R Diesel is my go to Tuner Guy!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I think it depends on how old your truck is also. For 2013 and newer it sounds like Warp Tuning is the only way to go. For 07.5-09 trucks there isn't much to work with. For 10-12 trucks there still needs to be an improved too... timing can't be changed in RT files and trans tuning needs more parameters to make it perfect. Correct me if I'm wrong Ray.

As far as the display, the MM3 is awesome, but there's room for improvement. The readings seem too sensitive, even on the lowest setting... especially rail pressure.

RaceME could take a page out of the old H&S handbook by having a constant display of present gear and a TC Locked icon, rather than watching TC slip in a dedicated gauge position.

Only another thing I can think of is the few seconds of delay between RT changes... When other platforms happen instantaneously.
    Most of this stuff can be changed and improved. We just gotta wait for the engineers to make it happen.

Some of this is my personal opinion and the rest is what I think I know... so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes Ezlynk does not even have any 3rd Gen or older support to my knowledge...as where EFI Live goes back to the 2006 model 5.9. MM3 can tune all the way back to a 1998.5 VP truck with UDC Pro if ya want.

EFI Live CSP and Ezlynk switch a limited number of programs on the fly by accessing different areas of info flashed into the ROM (Read Only Memory). This makes the change quicker but is limited by the amount of ROM...which limits you to a hand full of tunes without doing a full flash on the ecm.

MM3 changes tunes on the fly in what is called Real Time or RT. This is a different process in which tunes are written into the RAM (Random Access Memory). RAM writes are not instant and take a few seconds to complete but can be done on the fly. The plus of this process, it allows tons and tons of things to be changed on the fly as were the other two platforms are limited.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

How can I order or get help with my 2016 Ram 2500 diesel 6.7L?

I am looking to buy the MM3 and delete pipes.

Could you help?

I became platinum member but can’t seem to find anything I’m looking for.

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    How can I order or get help with my 2016 Ram 2500 diesel 6.7L?

I am looking to buy the MM3 and delete pipes.

Could you help?

I became platinum member but can’t seem to find anything I’m looking for.
    Sending you a message.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member Unionvillecountryboy's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post

I am seeking knowledge. I have an 08 with a black maxx and have been in the dark on tuning since I got that tuner. I'll be picking up a revmax trans in January and I needed to find a supported tuner to do the trans. I had it in my mind to go with EFI live and found a supported tuner in Tennessee. I was about to pull the tigger on a V2, when someone mentioned I should look into warp tuning. So now I am looking towards a raceme ultra or MM3. I contacted Double R because of glowing reviews only to find out he doesn't support the 08 with Warp.

So what are my options to get into Warp? I believe anarchy offers it, but a previous post said there were some bugs there.

My overall goal is to support the revmax needs for the time being. But eventually I would like to partake in tuning my own truck. I work at the test center at cummins and have some familiarity with tuning, although not a lot. Truck will eventually have fuel/air upgrades as well.

It is my understanding that I can tune myself on either a raceme ultra or MM3, is this correct?

I would like to find a platform that allows me to get Warp tuning from a tuner, but also allows future modification on my own. I was impressed with Double R's rep, but not supporting my year leaves me looking for someone else so any suggestions?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, BrightWhiteCummins liked this post