Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

With all 3 platforms, tune files are just always just an internet connection away. With the MM3 and EFI we merely email tune files. With Ezlynk, tune files are sent via their cloud server.

Same goes with data logging with all 3.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, INLINE_6 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    With all 3 platforms, tune files are just always just an internet connection away. With the MM3 and EFI we merely email tune files. With Ezlynk, tune files are sent via their cloud server.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ray is the tuning wizard and a great guy

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

This is my problem with the EZ Lynk. My background is in IT & Cybersecurity and I currently work for a global backbone network provider & every time I see this I want to cringe. The main reason being that I cannot find any mention of security measures for the AutoAgent cloud. You need to remember that all the cloud is, is someone else's computer. My concern is that a vulnerability in the AutoAgent cloud could give a threat actor a direct line of communication with your vehicle.

Let's not forget the fact that a team of professional hackers already was able to hack into a Jeep Grand Cherokee, while it was driving on the highway, and take over full control of the vehicle. Adding a 3rd party Cloud based connection device into your CANBUS system seems like asking for someone to get into your electronics. I don't doubt that EZ Lynk has developed security protocols to secure the connection between the cloud and the device, but it seems risky nonetheless.

6. Thanks DRD, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    This is my problem with the EZ Lynk. My background is in IT & Cybersecurity and I currently work for a global backbone network provider & every time I see this I want to cringe. The main reason being that I cannot find any mention of security measures for the AutoAgent cloud. You need to remember that all the cloud is, is someone else's computer. My concern is that a vulnerability in the AutoAgent cloud could give a threat actor a direct line of communication with your vehicle.

Let's not forget the fact that a team of professional hackers already was able to hack into a Jeep Grand Cherokee, while it was driving on the highway, and take over full control of the vehicle. Adding a 3rd party Cloud based connection device into your CANBUS system seems like asking for someone to get into your electronics. I don't doubt that EZ Lynk has developed security protocols to secure the connection between the cloud and the device, but it seems risky nonetheless.
    Bingo!

You'd don't want to know what we heard about them.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Bingo!

You'd don't want to know what we heard about them.
    Oh no, I would love to know LOL

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post