Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Good afternoon all.

I see it has been several months since any traffic here but I am a newbe trying to figure out this tuner stuff.

I like what I hear about MM3 and DRD.

He is a brother in Christ so that moves him up to the top of the list.

I bought a 2018 HO w/AISIN and I also bought a extended warranty so I do not want to loose that and from what I read they cannot trace it on the 2018,s?

I have heard from others that the AISIN is a bear to tune in but I do not recall seeing anything about it so far on this thread.

That is good news.

Can I use the MM3 without deleting and is there any benefit to doing so?

IE. better gas milage?

Are there additional cost to customizing programing?

How does all that work?

How easy will it be to delete when my warranty runs out?

Can I get as many tunes as I want.

Not that is what I want but in order to find the perfect tune that fits my truck it could take some tinkering.

Not all trucks are identicle it seems.

Once I get something that performs well I usually don,t change it unless something better comes along.

I am a Lifetime platinum member and I can get into DRD website now so that is where I am at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brilliant Black Crystal 2018 Ram 3500 SRW Longbed with Aisin.....Stock

2. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Hello @JOGAN
    I will try to answer what I can.

I would think they can trace if they look at the ecm and see how many times it was flashed but I don’t have a definite answer for that.

So as far as my experience with the MM3 tuner I can tell you it’s awesome and I love it.

I have a 16’ with the 68RFE trans.

Currently have the emissions tuning on it and run a 80hp tune with a average of 18 mpg around town and 25 on freeway with 35” tires. Have 45k miles on it running the tunes and no problems. And 60k miles on truck.

MM3 is a blank tuner so you will have to have custom tunes for it which is worth it anyway vs a box tune in my opinion.

It is very easy to install and flash ecm. Touch of a button and any tune you want is sent and just like that more HP.

I am in process of deleting my truck now. Had DRD do the new tunes for it.

New sd card and reprogram the ecm. Change out exhaust and either leave the egr in place or get the block off plates and it’s that easy for delete if you want.

Depending on what you do for emissions tuning or delete will depend on what tunes you get. 4 tunes Up 120hp with emissions or 6 tunes up to 200hp deleted if I remember right.

Also the sound tunes if you want. Lope, whistle and 12 valve.

It is all in the DRD website.

Also a brother in Christ is a plus so it says a lot to me also.

Hope the info helps a bit for you

2016. Laramie 2500, 68RFE, CC 4x4. DRD Medical plan. factory rear air. 2” lift/level. 35x12.5, Revmax vb with deep pan. ARP 425 head studs.

4. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

Just like to add, to the best of my knowledge no one has been able to tune the Aisin transmission, due to its proprietary nature.

However if you stay below the recommended maximum 120 HP tune and perform the 20,000 mile fluid and filter changes I can tell you it performs just fine.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Hello @JOGAN
    I will try to answer what I can.

I would think they can trace if they look at the ecm and see how many times it was flashed but I don’t have a definite answer for that.

So as far as my experience with the MM3 tuner I can tell you it’s awesome and I love it.

I have a 16’ with the 68RFE trans.

Currently have the emissions tuning on it and run a 80hp tune with a average of 18 mpg around town and 25 on freeway with 35” tires. Have 45k miles on it running the tunes and no problems. And 60k miles on truck.

MM3 is a blank tuner so you will have to have custom tunes for it which is worth it anyway vs a box tune in my opinion.

It is very easy to install and flash ecm. Touch of a button and any tune you want is sent and just like that more HP.

I am in process of deleting my truck now. Had DRD do the new tunes for it.

New sd card and reprogram the ecm. Change out exhaust and either leave the egr in place or get the block off plates and it’s that easy for delete if you want.

Depending on what you do for emissions tuning or delete will depend on what tunes you get. 4 tunes Up 120hp with emissions or 6 tunes up to 200hp deleted if I remember right.

Also the sound tunes if you want. Lope, whistle and 12 valve.

It is all in the DRD website.

Also a brother in Christ is a plus so it says a lot to me also.

Hope the info helps a bit for you
    They can definitely tell how many times the ECM has been flashed, so be careful with your extended warranty.

Your extended warranty can ask your repair facility for the readouts before approving a claim.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummin1 View Post
    They can definitely tell how many times the ECM has been flashed, so be careful with your extended warranty.

Your extended warranty can ask your repair facility for the readouts before approving a claim.
    That's an untrue statement friend.

The MM3 for 18-21 trucks leaves no trace and footprint.

We know this for 100% truth. -

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

Alright you guys im sure this has been discussed a million time but I'm honestly torn between mm3 and ez lynk are the gains in hm the same between both? What about fuel mileage gains?
    Question with ez lynk do you always have to have the phone plugged in while you dive?

Mm3 I guess is self explained, switched for tunes

Any advice is greatly appreciated

12. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper101 View Post
    Alright you guys im sure this has been discussed a million time but I'm honestly torn between mm3 and ez lynk are the gains in hm the same between both? What about fuel mileage gains?
    Question with ez lynk do you always have to have the phone plugged in while you dive?

Mm3 I guess is self explained, switched for tunes

Any advice is greatly appreciated
    I believe the choice comes down to who writes the best tunes and customer service.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

I have a 2011 6.7L Cummins fully deleted with just a single tune flashed to the ECM.

Thinking about buying an MM3 from Ray with his tuning.

My question is will I be able to have the 0-5 different hp settings and the custom sound files since mine is a 2011?

Thanks.

16. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mallardslayer2 View Post
    I have a 2011 6.7L Cummins fully deleted with just a single tune flashed to the ECM.

Thinking about buying an MM3 from Ray with his tuning.

My question is will I be able to have the 0-5 different hp settings and the custom sound files since mine is a 2011?

Thanks.
    Yes you can!

I had all that when he tuned my '12.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

Hey guys.

I currently have a RaceME tuner with their outbox tunes (not working well).

I want the truck to run well and smoothly.

Right now, that is not the case.

Can I get re-tuned or speak with someone at RaceME about the tunes?

Or can anyone point me in the direction of a tuner?

I'm willing to buy a whole new tuner if need be because the RaceME box tunes aren't working out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

19. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast