Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Love seeing this thread.

When I got my first 98.5, I think there was only like maybe one or two tuners available.

Ended up with a Banks Big Hoss tuner for most of my time with it. Wish I had all of these current options available!

Hoping to still have choices when my warranty is up on my '17 and I am ready to do some work to it!

2. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post
    looks like the thread has slowed down in the past few months but i adding my experience helps at least one person then its all good

My first CTD was a 90 W250 auto (the old 727) back in the days of no intercooler and 160hp stock. Since it was a mechanical pump a friend who knew what he was turned it up to 280 hp for a 6 pack. Those were the days.

My second CTD was a 2001 2500 QCLB 5 spd manual. I towed a travel trailer a lot, wanted more mpg and simplicity so I straight piped it, modded the factory air filter housing and went with the Edge EZ. That turned the truck up to 330 hp from 235 and I was getting 25 mpg empty, 16 mg towing. I had to sell it for financial reasons, I still kick myself for selling it and miss it every day.

Now my current 2018 Laramie CCSB Aisin when I started my research I looked at Edge first since I had a prior good experience. The install was horrendous and it did not offer deletes. So I checked out a few trucks my friends own in the area. One had the H&S and the other had the RaceMe, not from DRD. The H&S was cheaper but only offered canned tunes. The RaceMe was nice and pointed me in the direction of the newer SOTF options with custom tuning. This was all before I found these forums. I watched several delete videos to see what I was in for and one in particular showed how the MM3 worked. That sold me on the MM3 as a tuner. It has the ability to do custom tunes and SOTF or the ability to program and removed completely if I wanted. So then it was a matter of finding a tuner. This took me months of scouring forum after forum after video. I had decided on a deal that was a good price but was hesitant to pull the trigger as I want to keep this truck a long time and they are very expensive and not getting any cheaper. I found a great deal on a closeout 2018 knowing this would be it for a long time unless I wanted a divorce (LOL). That is when I found these forums and the first thing that impressed me was the amount of good advice and like minded people I found here. A vast majority of them are loyal to DRD so I checked into it. I learned the previous deal I found was from someone well known to use other people's tunes and after seeing what Ray offered I knew this was the right person to tune my truck via mm3.

So after extensive research the MM3 was the tuner that fit my needs and I feel is the better tuner at least for the Gen4 but that is what the research is all about. DRD happened to offer what I wanted so it was a win-win in my book. FYI I have finished with my 2018 and my friend with the H&S likes the way mine runs compared to his and he is seriously considering switching over.
    Nice read!!!

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

3. Thanks Aboshan, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

How can I order or get help with my 2016 Ram 2500 diesel 6.7L?

I am looking to buy the MM3 and delete pipes.

Could you help?

I became platinum member but can’t seem to find anything I’m looking for.

5. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    How can I order or get help with my 2016 Ram 2500 diesel 6.7L?

I am looking to buy the MM3 and delete pipes.

Could you help?

I became platinum member but can’t seem to find anything I’m looking for.
    Sending you a message.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

So I did a bunch of research, obviously not enough because i just stumbled onto the MM3 while searching for help on my SCT tuner.

I went with the SCT because it has wifi update capabilities and was compatible with a lot of different vehicles. (Planning on doing some LS conversions.)

So far it has been painful though.

It bricked my PCM last weekend.

Tech support built a recovery file on Monday and it got the PCM back to stock.

I tried it again yesterday and it did the same thing.

Looks like i need to call them again tomorrow to load the recovery file again.

Questions on the MM3:
    1) Is it easy to put the vehicle back to stock? Current ride is a 2015 Ram 3500 6.7L with an Aisan trans 4x4.
    2) I am still under warranty and obviously don't want them to know I tuned it. Will it leave any footprint?
    3) I don't want to defeat the emissions but I want to increase my fuel mileage, increase power and adjust for tire size.

Any experiences or insight into why the SCT is so painful to use or is it just me?

I will check out your Double R Diesel site as well.

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #66

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
    So I did a bunch of research, obviously not enough because i just stumbled onto the MM3 while searching for help on my SCT tuner.

I went with the SCT because it has wifi update capabilities and was compatible with a lot of different vehicles. (Planning on doing some LS conversions.)

Questions on the MM3:
    1) Is it easy to put the vehicle back to stock? Current ride is a 2015 Ram 3500 6.7L with an Aisan trans 4x4.
    2) I am still under warranty and obviously don't want them to know I tuned it. Will it leave any footprint?
    3) I don't want to defeat the emissions but I want to increase my fuel mileage, increase power and adjust for tire size.

Any experiences or insight into why the SCT is so painful to use or is it just me?

1. Yes.
    2. It does on the old trucks at this time. 2018 and current is doesn't.
    3. If you have 50,000 miles or less then you can run DRD EGRLess Tuning.

DRD don't answer unless you are an LPM here friend.

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TC1 View Post

Questions on the MM3:

Welcome friend!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

13. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #68

User Info Menu

Signing up for LPM now

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #69

User Info Menu

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #70

User Info Menu

Thanks!

Trying to sign up for LPM.

While I wait maybe you can answer this: when I return to stock using the MM3 will it leave any footprint if the dealer is working on anything PCM related?

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast