Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member Unionvillecountryboy's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I think it depends on how old your truck is also. For 2013 and newer it sounds like Warp Tuning is the only way to go. For 07.5-09 trucks there isn't much to work with. For 10-12 trucks there still needs to be an improved too... timing can't be changed in RT files and trans tuning needs more parameters to make it perfect. Correct me if I'm wrong Ray.

As far as the display, the MM3 is awesome, but there's room for improvement. The readings seem too sensitive, even on the lowest setting... especially rail pressure.

RaceME could take a page out of the old H&S handbook by having a constant display of present gear and a TC Locked icon, rather than watching TC slip in a dedicated gauge position.

Only another thing I can think of is the few seconds of delay between RT changes... When other platforms happen instantaneously.
    Most of this stuff can be changed and improved. We just gotta wait for the engineers to make it happen.

Some of this is my personal opinion and the rest is what I think I know... so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, Ray at Double R Diesel is my go to Tuner Guy!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I am seeking knowledge. I have an 08 with a black maxx and have been in the dark on tuning since I got that tuner. I'll be picking up a revmax trans in January and I needed to find a supported tuner to do the trans. I had it in my mind to go with EFI live and found a supported tuner in Tennessee. I was about to pull the tigger on a V2, when someone mentioned I should look into warp tuning. So now I am looking towards a raceme ultra or MM3. I contacted Double R because of glowing reviews only to find out he doesn't support the 08 with Warp.

So what are my options to get into Warp? I believe anarchy offers it, but a previous post said there were some bugs there.

My overall goal is to support the revmax needs for the time being. But eventually I would like to partake in tuning my own truck. I work at the test center at cummins and have some familiarity with tuning, although not a lot. Truck will eventually have fuel/air upgrades as well.

It is my understanding that I can tune myself on either a raceme ultra or MM3, is this correct?

I would like to find a platform that allows me to get Warp tuning from a tuner, but also allows future modification on my own. I was impressed with Double R's rep, but not supporting my year leaves me looking for someone else so any suggestions?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, BrightWhiteCummins liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

My impression of efi and warp is they are both very capable programs in the right hands, but I feel like efi isn't quite as polished as warp is. Personally, I'm happy in my decision to use warp to tune with. If efi would change a few things and add a bit, I would consider having both as a tuner. I'm hands down for warp or udcpro for the older vehicles.

No experience with ez lynk. Although, the comment on RT changes on 3rd gens isn't true. Timing can be changed, I wish we could do pilot in real time, but main is adjustable on the laptop or in the files for 07-09 in warp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wildcoyote View Post
    My impression of efi and warp is they are both very capable programs in the right hands, but I feel like efi isn't quite as polished as warp is. Personally, I'm happy in my decision to use warp to tune with. If efi would change a few things and add a bit, I would consider having both as a tuner. I'm hands down for warp or udcpro for the older vehicles.

No experience with ez lynk. Although, the comment on RT changes on 3rd gens isn't true. Timing can be changed, I wish we could do pilot in real time, but main is adjustable on the laptop or in the files for 07-09 in warp.

Pretty sure timing timing can't be changed in RT for 10-12 years yet. Ray said I needed 3 different base files for 30-60, 90-120, and 150-200.

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Pretty sure timing timing can't be changed in RT for 10-12 years yet. Ray said I needed 3 different base files for 30-60, 90-120, and 150-200.

You're right about the 10-12. I never noticed that. That's fairly disappointing.

6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Thank you Ray. I am new to diesel and all its soot. With that being said I'm more confused then katelyn Jenner .. I'll be following closely. I want to make the right choice and not regret it. I've got a 2017 and I want it deleted asap.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

I just want to make known that as of the beginning of the week, all parameters from 04.5 and up dealing with the engine is now RT changeable with warp. These guys are making great progress.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, 9mgcb81, watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wildcoyote View Post
    I just want to make known that as of the beginning of the week, all parameters from 04.5 and up dealing with the engine is now RT changeable with warp. These guys are making great progress.

Good looking out bud we really appreciate you sharing that info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes wildcoyote, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Bump this up!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

whats the difference in diesel power products and double r diesel's mm3 tuning? dpp is about $100 cheaper than drd?

15. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robman View Post
    whats the difference in diesel power products and double r diesel's mm3 tuning? dpp is about $100 cheaper than drd?
    You get what you pay for with Ray he stands behind his products and tunes 100% of the time don’t know anything about Diesel Power Products no experience with them

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast