Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Not right now buddy. I'll probably stick with the 6.7 market.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ok. Well have any recommendations? I'm using bully dog at the moment. About to build the engine and drivetrain up. Looking for a goal of 800hp. Or does anyone know the best route to take???
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Ok. Well have any recommendations? I'm using bully dog at the moment. About to build the engine and drivetrain up. Looking for a goal of 800hp. Or does anyone know the best route to take???
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Check out the other vendors that sell the MM3. Some of those guys tune the 5.9s on a regular basis. You can visit MM3 power to see all the dealers.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I chose to go with Ray's MM3 tunes for a few reasons, and I had an EFI live sitting new in box when I did. I also was looking into the easy link options. I personally didn't want my tune tied to a highly stolen smart device. the other reason I didnt go easy link was it was just released and I saw too many buggy reports for my liking at the time. I'm sure that is corrected by now but I'm well set up and happy already. now the EFI live V2 thats still sitting here, I had purchased that before I knew about MM3 and wasn't ready to do the delete yet. I was buying a few things at a time at first spreading out the purchases. After I found out about the MM3 and how much more can actually be done with it I wasn't ready to go to something that was old hardware and needing a switch and edge for the gauges I wanted. Thus this put me to an MM3 that has the gauges on the fly tune swap with no hole drilled in my dash and did the unlock all in 1. I chose Ray for the tunes due to the reputation that backed him. I was doing my delete and then a week later doing a 6 hour drive and couldn't afford chancing anything wrong with a tune. I run the 60 horse tune standard and change to the 90 when I want a bit more. These tunes are great for what I wanted with no smoke unless I'm really on it.

6. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I'll chime in here as well. While I didn't buy from Ray (but would have had I not been in a hurry and had more time to research), I went with the Ultra and Box tunes (for now). Seems the only other unit out there with delete-capable box tunes is H&S Mini-Maxx, but no new updates are being written for it; so, I went with the Ultra. Have been very pleased with it. And if the only difference between the Ultra and MM3 is that the Ultra has the box tunes and MM3 is totally custom, I don't see how you could go wrong with either - just depends on what you're looking for.

I keep it set on stock power when towing our 15k fiver. For just driving around, I like the ability (and simplicity) of sending a 30 or 60 hp RT tune while I'm warming up the truck.

I'm sure the EZLynk and EFI are good tuners but I, like others have mentioned, like the plethora of gauges (and gauge layouts) that are available without adding anything extra - it's all there.

Bob

2010 RAM 3500 DRW CC LB. RaceMe Ultra Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete, RaceMe EGT, 4" Flo-Pro CAT-To-Factory Muffler
    Pulling a 2011 HitchHiker 31.5 UKTG Fifth Wheel
    Full-time RVer since 9/22/14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

My 2 cents:

I went with the MM3 via Anarchy Diesel simply because it was the cheapest thing I could find that did what I wanted. I had some (minor) technical issues that those guys weren't sure about, but Ray helped me out. I have to give credit where credit is due. I did not know about this website until after I purchased everything, or I honestly would have gone with Rays stuff....hindsight is 20/20.

That being said, I really can't complain with my setup, now that I have all of the bugs worked out. I have about 1500 miles since the delete and no issues. I'm averaging 20mpg, if I keep my foot out of it, and the truck is running great. I think everyone else has summed up what is offered out there, but that's my experience thus far with my delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

So here is mind numbing bit info RaceME has published on their website. Never thought about this but this definitely makes me not want to have cloud based or internet capable device controlling my vehicle.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

So here is mind numbing bit info RaceME has published on their website. Never thought about this but this definitely makes me not want to have cloud based or internet capable device controlling my vehicle.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0395a1191e.jpg

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Great point!

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

So here is mind numbing bit info RaceME has published on their website. Never thought about this but this definitely makes me not want to have cloud based or internet capable device controlling my vehicle.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0395a1191e.jpg

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    This is the same thing that was getting Jeep and a few others into trouble over the last few production years. People were able to hack into the vehicles remotely and do everything from radio volume, braking, throttle to anything else

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Very good point!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Once again Ray always has an answer

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast