Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  315
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live, EZ Lynk, or MM3 Tuner Info - Which is better and Why?

I did a lot of research on devices and the guys that were available for writing tunes beforehand

I went with the Ultra for my 09. Yes there are some setbacks for 3rd generation trucks not yet worked out

The Ultra is however a very promising platform. It offers a lot of things people may be looking for. One major reason I personally went with it is the endless room for tunes on the SD card with custom tuning. If that's files from the tuner or that I ask to be written specifically for my needs. I'm only limited by the room of the card

Ray Double R Diesel is the tuner I went with. I did reach out to see if he was offering EFI again. Which he isn't anymore
    My reasons were 2. One that as above I mentioned. 3rd generation trucks with the RaceME platform are limited by not having transmission support as of yet. And I was wanting to try out the EFI platform as an alternative. Both for transmission capabilities and faster tune loading. Although with RT on the Ultra it is fast

Certain tunes on 3rd generation trucks are required to be ECM files which means 5-7 minutes to load rather than a few seconds
    Turbo mapping is not RT capable and must be done through ECM only. So even with box tuning it's a 5-7 minute wait to write. And 3rd generation in box tuning form does not support RT. Only way to get RT is with WARP

I can't speak for the EZ Lynk as it's so new and I'd like seeing more real world before I try it myself. Things always progress though and parts of it seem promising

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Alright you guys im sure this has been discussed a million time but I'm honestly torn between mm3 and ez lynk are the gains in hm the same between both? What about fuel mileage gains?
    Question with ez lynk do you always have to have the phone plugged in while you dive?

Mm3 I guess is self explained, switched for tunes

Any advice is greatly appreciated

3. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper101 View Post
    Alright you guys im sure this has been discussed a million time but I'm honestly torn between mm3 and ez lynk are the gains in hm the same between both? What about fuel mileage gains?
    Question with ez lynk do you always have to have the phone plugged in while you dive?

Mm3 I guess is self explained, switched for tunes

Any advice is greatly appreciated
    I believe the choice comes down to who writes the best tunes and customer service.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel why you only sell the MM3 Tuner? You could own the market and sell them all.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    @Double R Diesel why you only sell the MM3 Tuner? You could own the market and sell them all.
    Well...

I pretty much only tune 4th Gen trucks...most of which are the 13 and newer variety. For these I want an all in one device that will unlock, tune, and show all the gauges I would want. EFI Live can't do that with one device, nor can unlock the ecm for tuning in 20 seconds. The MM3 does that all in one device. PLUS you can install an EGT sensor that works in conjunction with the MM3 display unit. And in reference to the Ezlynk, I prefer the dedicated monitor that the MM3 provides. So maybe you can see why I don't dabble with EFI Live on the 4th Gens for sure.

Now Ezlynk is the new kid on the block and yes it has it perks and quirks...but I'm just not comfortable with it as a professional tuner selling it. I really don't want my tune files stored on a cloud out of my full control. And perhaps the biggest deterrent to me is I was told Ezlynk was in the middle of a lawsuit between another company for thieft of intellectual property. I personally want no parts in with a company in such a lawsuit. Now this may not concern the consumer, but it bugs me.

So basically the MM3 does exactly what I need it do, it works for the consumer, and it's a great product.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Well...

I pretty much only tune 4th Gen trucks...most of which are the 13 and newer variety. For these I want an all in one device that will unlock, tune, and show all the gauges I would want. EFI Live can't do that with one device, nor can unlock the ecm for tuning in 20 seconds. The MM3 does that all in one device. PLUS you can install an EGT sensor that works in conjunction with the MM3 display unit. And in reference to the Ezlynk, I prefer the dedicated monitor that the MM3 provides. So maybe you can see why I don't dabble with EFI Live on the 4th Gens for sure.

Now Ezlynk is the new kid on the block and yes it has it perks and quirks...but I'm just not comfortable with it as a professional tuner selling it. I really don't want my tune files stored on a cloud out of my full control. And perhaps the biggest deterrent to me is I was told Ezlynk was in the middle of a lawsuit between another company for thieft of intellectual property. I personally want no parts in with a company in such a lawsuit. Now this may not concern the consumer, but it bugs me.

So basically the MM3 does exactly what I need it do, it works for the consumer, and it's a great product.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Exactly why I don't mess with cloud or social media stuff. Wish you still did the EFI though for the older trucks as another option

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Well...

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    So do you not offer anything for the 06 5.9? I think we have talked about it but can't find thread or remember. If you do how do you purchase it on your site. I didn't see anything so that's why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    So do you not offer anything for the 06 5.9? I think we have talked about it but can't find thread or remember. If you do how do you purchase it on your site. I didn't see anything so that's why I ask.

Not right now buddy. I'll probably stick with the 6.7 market.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Not right now buddy. I'll probably stick with the 6.7 market.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ok. Well have any recommendations? I'm using bully dog at the moment. About to build the engine and drivetrain up. Looking for a goal of 800hp. Or does anyone know the best route to take???
    Thanks

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'd still like seeing Ray from Double R Diesel pull over the n lDash/Dashdaq platform for the Cummins.

It can be done. That's all I'll say since this thread is only for the mentioned platforms.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast