Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Brainstorming

So for those of you a little more advanced, I thought this might be fun. I have a 2004 3500 4wd. So I'm gonna use my truck as the basis for this brainstorm. The intent of this is to bounce out ideas in order to help myself and others make some decisions. I have a few mods on my truck, nothing major yet. Here we go

so a stock truck, no mods.
    Id like to see what you guys would throw at it in order from first to last
    not building a mega truck just a nice daily driver with a little attitude.
    And... go!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Brainstorming

Valve body in the transmission
    Traction bars
    Regear 4.10 or 4.88 depending on tire size and what you use it for. 4.10 for hauling. 4.88 for having some fun
    Cold air intake

If you're not deleting call it a day

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The first question would be how much do you want to spend. On the cheap side, a Diablo tuner and exhaust.

2015 Lone Star 3500 Dually 4x4 , Levelling kit . Amp steps , ranch hand bumpers and headache rack , air bags , XD rims, B&W gooseneck , LED spots , 100 gallon fuel tank , MM3 with Warp from Double R Diesel , SS 4" exhaust with muffler.

4. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Here I'm putting no price tag on it. Like I said not going mega truck, just daily driver that pulls a trailer often. Just wanna see what kind of ideas and set ups other people have as a part of making my truck which has been my dream truck to the point of looking 3 years for exactly what I wanted, truly into my dream truck. I was hoping myself and others could bounce these ideas around in the name of everyone gaining a little knowledge and insight through a group effort.

Personally i so far have a fully upgraded transmission (suncoast parts) s&B intake, bddiesel turbo, and 4" straight pipe exhaust with and edge juice with attitude and egt probe. I believe the previous owner had done a couple other things but I can't pinpoint exactly what or the specs of the parts installed. I'm currently getting an average of 20 mpg between city and hwy, it goes down once I hit anything over 75ish mph. I have b&w gooseneck as well as upgraded bumper pull trailer hitch and b&w ball mount. I have iron cross bumpers front winch and a rear which I have yet to install, along with a 12k smittybilt x2o winch with synthetic rope and a pro link. I just have so much mandatory overtime and things lately I haven't been able to do much. I have a welding/fab business that I run along with my grandpa on my days off from the fire department so it does see it's share of jobsites and a 35ft big Tex gooseneck hauling tractors and bobcats around

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

oh my...... I may have a few lists for you hahah!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Certainly! Let's hear it. I have a few cosmetic things I want to do but mostly performance and function is what I was hoping to be the focus

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just want to verify if it's an 04 or an 04.5?

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Tune, intake, exhaust, transmission, head studs, fuel pumps, injectors, turbo & manifold, traction bars, piping(intercooler/intake horn/etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

How would I tell if it's 04 or 04.5

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KiloCummins04 View Post
    How would I tell if it's 04 or 04.5
    Look at the tag on the inside frame of driver's door. It will give a month and year the truck was assembled

15. Likes Polaraco liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast